Alex Greene

I found myself looking at, and buying, Mythras from DriveThruRPG recently. It's got many things that Mongoose's Legend does not have, but more importantly - new material is being published for it.

I like what I see here, and I'm going to dust off some of the older articles I published here for that other d100 system, meticulously retool them to make full use of Mythras' rules, and relaunch them for Mythras. Possibly as Abbott & Greene articles on DriveThruRPG.

And then I think I'll have to start posting new material for Mythras in 2017.

• Like 8

Author of Fioracitta for Mythras and the 2d6 SFRPG setting of Castrobancla.

On 12/30/2016 at 1:02 PM, Alex Greene said:

I like what I see here, and I'm going to dust off some of the older articles I published here for that other d100 system, meticulously retool them to make full use of Mythras' rules, and relaunch them for Mythras. Possibly as Abbott & Greene articles on DriveThruRPG.

And while you are at it, you could take a close look at M-Space and carry over to it some of the ideas which do not fit well into the Travellerverse ... ;)

• Like 2

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

7 hours ago, rust said:

And while you are at it, you could take a close look at M-Space and carry over to it some of the ideas which do not fit well into the Travellerverse ... ;)

Done. M-Space and Mythras on my tablet. A good investment. Might as well.

• Like 3

Author of Fioracitta for Mythras and the 2d6 SFRPG setting of Castrobancla.

It would be interesting to see the various strands of Mongoose's old RuneQuest open license convalescing into one source - Mythras one would assume - now that the RuneQuest license has gone back home to Chaosium and Glorantha. Not sure it will happen but, if some older written work is currently doing nothing as it is, why not? I mean, companies like to hold on to their brands, but if it merely means talking to Pete & Loz and then slapping a label on saying 'Compatible with Mythras', then you've opened up a new market all of sudden. 

So yep, good to see Alex bringing something into the collective. Looking forward to it. Lets see some more. 

Edited by TrippyHippy

10 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

It would be interesting to see the various strands of Mongoose's old RuneQuest open license convalescing into one source - Mythras one would assume - now that the RuneQuest license has gone back home to Chaosium and Glorantha. Not sure it will happen but, if some older written work is currently doing nothing as it is, why not? I mean, companies like to hold on to their brands, but if it merely means talking to Pete & Loz and then slapping a label on saying 'Compatible with Mythras', then you've opened up a new market all of sudden. 

So yep, good to see Alex bringing something into the collective. Looking forward to it. Lets see some more. 

Unsure how much of MRQ line is actually canon. In some places it certainly feels quite different from the Glorantha presented in the RQ2 supplements and in the G2G, but I guess it was set in a significantly earlier period of Glorantha's history.

I remember that I quite liked the Cults Book, the Races books, and the Pavis Rises book.

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Guest Vile Traveller
On 30/12/2016 at 8:02 PM, Alex Greene said:

And then I think I'll have to start posting new material for Mythras in 2017.

Capital idea, that man. :)