Main Page Organization

Jason D

Is there a way for individual users to reorganize the main page to their preferred arrangement?

I confess that I find the right-sided navigation to be extremely counterintuitive to the way I've been using the web for the last decade. I'm crusty and old, I know, but it seems pretty jarring and against all of the techniques and principles I learned when I was a web designer.

When the page loads, I keep expecting it to "fix" itself by reorienting with something on the left side of the page.

Having information on the left where I normally look and links on the right that I normally ignore is fine by me.

I don't often visit the homepage, but I like the new layout.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

I could see if I can add the top strip of the navbar, with the links found there, just below the header on the main page. Would that do the trick, or do people really want a right-hand column of modules? :cool:

Rurik, you are slowing down. Where is the poll? :P

I cannot change anything now, but will be back in a week. Can have a new look at it then.

SGL.

Hmmm... What I possibly could do is have have three columns, with navigation as the top left one, but put a "What is BasicRoleplaying?" or something like that module below it, then have all the "stats" module on the right side. Should probably be good SEO too, while accomodating those who crave for left-handed navigation modules and symmetry. What do you think? :confused:

And it seems like our "login or register" image is gone too! I've got work to do wen I'm back it seems.

SGL.

So, what do you think? Three-column index page layout, and this one is quite SEO friendly too. Questions or suggestions for improvements?

I've removed the navigation module and replaced it with the top column of the navbar, and added to new modules: "Latest site changes" to inform about additions and changes to the site, and "Basic Roleplaying" - a module created for SEO purposes mainly to please the crawlers.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.