Hate Chaos

Goldennose

Should basicly every heortling have a passion Hate Chaos? Of course everybody hates chaotic monsters, but I mean less acutely leathal chaos. If adventurers find Krarsht Shrine for example... Do they have passion to destroy it? So do they hate chaos even without this specific Passion?

(In our scenario Lanbril thief, Lankhor Mhy Sage, Maran Gor initiate, Kolat shaman and Orlanth Lay Members found a Krarsht Shrine... So they are not Storm Bull cultists or so.)

Edited by Caras

I think most Heortlings dislike Chaos. But they're generally not so... well, passionate about it that they would go out of their way and into a dangerous situation just to get to kill some Chaotic creature. They would definitely get together to prevent a Chaotic threat though.

Another way to look at it is this: you and I probably don't like criminals. But only Bruce Wayne has a "Hate (Criminals) 80%" that gets him to become Batman every night and punch criminals in the face. You and I just lock the doors and go to sleep.

Edited by lordabdul
  • Like 5

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

5 hours ago, Akhôrahil said:

"Strongly Disapprove of Chaos" is perhaps not a passion.

It might be, but if you roll under it, you are compelled to give the Chaotic creature a stern look, pointing your finger at it, and then walking backwards slowly to safety :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

32 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

It might be, but if you roll under it, you are compelled to give the Chaotic creature a stern look, pointing your finger at it, and then walking backwards slowly to safety :)

01 <lordabdul Crit's his Admonishment roll!>

Chaotic creature has an OMG-what-am-I-doing moment, "What does my life even mean?!" Etc.

01 <Chaotic Crit's its Illumination roll>

*POOF* no longer Sense's as Chaos.

Storm Bullies bow down in Awe as the Greatest Lawspeaker Evar!!1! converts the Chaotic before their very eyes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 1/1/2020 at 3:50 AM, lordabdul said:

Looks of reproach and disappointment can work also, as long as you shake your head while looking down/away correctly. Add in a good sigh.

Reproach Chaos.

2points

Ranged Temporal Non-Stackable

If the Chaotic victim's POW is overcome on the resistance table, it is unable to attack, and willingly just stands there and takes more. It is completely unable to defend itself as it looks deep within, considering its life choices and how much of a disappointment it's been so far.

Edited by Shiningbrow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Reproach Chaos.

2points

Ranged Temporal Non-Stackable

If the Chaotic victim's POW is overcome on the resistance table, it is unable to attack, and willingly just stands there and takes more. It is completely unable to defend itself as it looks deep within, considering its life choices and how much of a disappointment it's been so far.

"The Chaotic victim" - this might be read as "the victim of a chaotic attack" rather than "the chaotic attacker victimized by this spell".

A fun, mostly useless rune spell. Does it use the Moon Rune? It sounds like something that Yanafali serving in the more exotic units of the empire might want to have.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

36 minutes ago, jps said:

The way I see it: it’s a Passion. So, you might dislike chaos on an abstract level, but have you faced it ? Do you hate it with your gut?

I mean it's pretty easy to Hate Chaos in Glorantha. Like, if you live near Lunars, the Crimson Bat feeding, Chaos diseases applied as warfare by cultists, and Broo troops used to sack and occupy are an actual thing. And sooo much of Genertela is approximately near Lunars.

Weirdly you're less likely to Hate Chaos inside the Empire because despite the courts and First Blessed looking like psychedelic novel covers, most of the Empire is just, uh, people growing rice and oats with a markedly improved life from when the Dara Happans alone were in control. Yeah, sometimes a Chaos-touched comes to temple, but there are guards and lunes that keep an eye on these kind of people. Better deal than when the Alkothi just used to smash your newborn's brains with a rock and then eat them raw with their filed teeth. That's not allowed anymore.

image.png.908eb2f4c7cbd0f16a65e820c4a165dd.png

• Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 9:14 PM, Qizilbashwoman said:

I mean it's pretty easy to Hate Chaos in Glorantha. Like, if you live near Lunars, the Crimson Bat feeding, Chaos diseases applied as warfare by cultists, and Broo troops used to sack and occupy are an actual thing. And sooo much of Genertela is approximately near Lunars.

Weirdly you're less likely to Hate Chaos inside the Empire because despite the courts and First Blessed looking like psychedelic novel covers, most of the Empire is just, uh, people growing rice and oats with a markedly improved life from when the Dara Happans alone were in control. Yeah, sometimes a Chaos-touched comes to temple, but there are guards and lunes that keep an eye on these kind of people. Better deal than when the Alkothi just used to smash your newborn's brains with a rock and then eat them raw with their filed teeth. That's not allowed anymore.

image.png.908eb2f4c7cbd0f16a65e820c4a165dd.png

Agreed, they are not facing Chaos, the average lunar citizen is probably not even aware of the evil side of Chaos and thinks more likely that Broos regiments working for the emperor is Sartarite’s propaganda (if he was ever to hear this « rumor »).

I was replying to the first post which referred to Heortlings.

2 hours ago, jps said:

the average lunar citizen is probably not even aware of the evil side of Chaos

welll I don't know about that exactly, but the Solars have tended to glom all "krjalki" together: Chaos, uz, hsunchen, dragonewts, etc. Krjalki is a Malkioni word but various Solar societies use a pejorative term that means the same thing, "non-human".

It's a bit like the inverse in Warhammer 40k: Imperials calling everything Xenos ("alien"), when in fact it might be Chaos cultists.

7 hours ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

Not that our version of the Lunar Empire was "the best of all possible worlds", but it was not remotely similar to that described by @Qizilbashwoman.

I don't understand what I suggested the Lunar Empire was like? I said it's weird at the Crater (there's a stairway that goes to the moon) but everywhere else it's just normal life.

Or did you mean your Lunar Empire doesn't have a Crimson Bat or Glowline Temples from whence Horse Eater ventures to eat enemies?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1