Upland Marsh resourses

Stephen L

My adventurers are shortly going to venture into the Upland marshes, and I wonder if there's any resources that I could try to get my hands on that would help with adventure ideas.

They're going to be sent into the marshes in search of a tome of dragon lore (well dinosaur really...).

Incidentally, the person pointing them in the direction of the marsh will be Forang Farosh, from Tink, so if there's any material out there I could pinch for him, I'd be similarly grateful.

Thanks muchly, in advance.

Stephen.

If you can find a copy, Tales of the Reaching Moon #19 was the Upland Marsh Special (published in 2000).
Strapline: "Delecti the Necromancer. Vampires, Zombies, and Undead Monsters! And a few Ducks, too..."

2 hours ago, Stephen L said:

any resources

Always worth looking here:

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/?s=+"Upland+Marsh"

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/?s="Forang+Farosh"

Although there may not be direct info, it may point you on to a source that you might of missed, Like the Sartar Companion.

(It's far from complete, but it's a start)

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Most of that content was carried forward into Wyrms Footnotes #15 which is more readily available.

There are ca. 15  pages in WF 15 and ca. 45 in ToRM 19. And the last has a pretty good scenario, the Necromancer's Gift.

You also have one episode in the marsh in the Colymar campaign in S:KoH

And useful things also in the Lismelder Campaign described in ToRM 18 and 20

On 4/13/2020 at 5:40 AM, Stephen L said:

My adventurers are shortly going to venture into the Upland marshes, and I wonder if there's any resources that I could try to get my hands on that would help with adventure ideas.

Having had to do a little fact checking for a Night of the Quacking Dead, the best resource I could find was Sartar Kingdom of Heroes pages 317 to 325.  A wee caveat, Austin, not having this reference, chose to be a little non-canonical but the small discrepancy does not stop the enjoyment of the Monograph nor ruin it as a resource. Proof that canon is not everything, story is!

Damn, I hate having to be all ethical and honest. 

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

18 hours ago, Minlister said:

You also have one episode in the marsh in the Colymar campaign in S:KoH

I want to get S:KoH for a number of reasons, but have held off as I can only get PDF, and self printing is a pain (especially at a big page count).  I wondered if people had any experience of getting something like that printed off professionally, as the places I've found on the web are prohibitively expensive for one copy?

11 minutes ago, Stephen L said:

I want to get S:KoH for a number of reasons, but have held off as I can only get PDF, and self printing is a pain (especially at a big page count).  I wondered if people had any experience of getting something like that printed off professionally, as the places I've found on the web are prohibitively expensive for one copy?

This should be one of our Print on Demand products eventually. No time frame sadly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

Eh? Here's the link for POD copies of "Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes" at Lulu.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/greg-stafford-and-jeff-richard/sartar-kingdom-of-heroes/paperback/product-24498384.html

Our new all singing and dancing version integrated with chaosium.com. It will include Pavis GtA.

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 1:47 PM, Nick Brooke said:

If you can find a copy, Tales of the Reaching Moon #19

Having joyfully toddled up to the loft (my collection of old stuff isn't bad), I have found, to my horror, my Tales of the Reaching Moon collection is less complete than I thought.  Inexplicably, I am missing issues 19 and 20!

I vaguely remember on another thread someone mooting the possibility of making electronic copies of TotRM available.  Any news?

Hopefully, 

Stephen L