Last Faction Hero - A 'Pay-What-You-Want' Gloranthan Board Game, with funds going to COVID-19 Charity Relief

MOB

954932356_LastFactionHeroCoverItch-io.png.6cd510226910d97243ef3c8e70b299aa.png

With our friends at Second Age Publishing, we've released a new 'Print-And-Play' board game, Last Faction Hero, and all the proceeds will be going to COVID-19 Charity Relief.

Last Faction Hero is a simple, fast-paced game set in Greg Stafford's Glorantha, a mythic world of mortals and gods, myths and cults, monsters and heroes – and the setting for the RuneQuest tabletop RPG. The game was created by Gianni Vacca, with art by Dario Corallo.

1456491931_RurikLFH.png.d82a5a6c4160bf8dcc7be318619ccb73.png

Last Faction Hero available as 'Pay-What-You-Want' at Chaosium's new page at itch.io. If you're stuck at home, don't fret: this Print-And-Play version has all the game elements needed to play except the dice and markers (pennies or euro cent coins will work just fine).

Chaosium is donating 100% of all proceeds between now and 31st May 2020 to the World Health Organisation's COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.

1998916192_CovidSolidarityFund.png.4bf68580da0601f57bf6e19985128622.png

The COVID-19 pandemic is impacting communities everywhere. 
We are all in this together, all over the world, and it's never been more urgent to support the global response—#WeAreAllUs

Edited by MOB
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

• MOB featured and pinned this topic

TYVM!

A question:  if we buy it now -- as part of the covid-19 charity effort -- can we buy it again later, to reward you for your great products and for doing this generous thing?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

6 hours ago, Cgeist7 said:

Donated and purchased the game, but there seems to be an issue with the game board download.

The art and concept seem like a lot of fun. Best of luck and looking forward to hearing how folks are playing.

The downloads all seem to be working fine, please try again!

7 hours ago, g33k said:

TYVM!

A question:  if we buy it now -- as part of the covid-19 charity effort -- can we buy it again later, to reward you for your great products and for doing this generous thing?

It is likely that a physical version of this game will be produced in due course; if not by Chaosium directly, then under license by our friends at Second Age Publishing. Second Age also have various expansions in mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, goldenwheeldancer said:

Does anyone know of an online service where I can get this printed out and delivered? My printer sucks!

Where do you live?

I presume the cost & delays of international shipping do not appeal, so UK replies to some Colonial Scum help neither USA nor Aussies, and vice versa in triplicate...  😉

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

23 hours ago, goldenwheeldancer said:

Does anyone know of an online service where I can get this printed out and delivered? My printer sucks!

9 hours ago, g33k said:

Where do you live?

Profile says UK. However likely depends on what's open where you are. Where I am, nothing - local printers and office services are shut down. I'd send it to a friend who has a decent printer and get them to mail it to me, I'm in the same boat, I only have a black and white laserjet.

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

9 hours ago, David Scott said:

Profile says UK. However likely depends on what's open where you are. Where I am, nothing - local printers and office services are shut down. I'd send it to a friend who has a decent printer and get them to mail it to me, I'm in the same boat, I only have a black and white laserjet.

Yea I'll probably do this too. And yea - UK.

On 4/19/2020 at 3:24 AM, goldenwheeldancer said:

I personally sent it out to print at Staples, a pretty standard office supply franchise in North America. If there's any shops selling you printers and paper and filing cabinets, and they offer a photo printing service, chances are they might offer a semi-pro printing service too.

I wasn't sure about the various paper and layout options when printing, so it may or may not come out well... I'll post pictures when I receive it. But it's good to hear that there might be a proper print run later, so we can get the board and tokens with the expected board-game thickness and weight for this kind of thing.

• Like 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

Chaosium thanks everyone who bought a copy of the Gloranthan game Last Faction Hero while it was available as a Pay-What-You-Want title for charity on itch.io during the month of May. The Covid-19 pandemic is impacting communities everywhere, and we are all in this together. Because of your generous support, we will be donating some $1579.50 (less itch.io fees) to the World Health Organisation's Covid-19 Solidarity Fund—#WeAreAllUs

• Thanks 3

• MOB unfeatured, featured and unpinned this topic
On 4/20/2020 at 6:45 PM, lordabdul said:

I personally sent it out to print at Staples, a pretty standard office supply franchise in North America. If there's any shops selling you printers and paper and filing cabinets, and they offer a photo printing service, chances are they might offer a semi-pro printing service too.

I wasn't sure about the various paper and layout options when printing, so it may or may not come out well... I'll post pictures when I receive it. But it's good to hear that there might be a proper print run later, so we can get the board and tokens with the expected board-game thickness and weight for this kind of thing.

Do keep us posted, Staples are pretty easy to find in Canada... and kinda affordable.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

• 2 weeks later...