Superhero Writeups...

okumarts

Hi all, I'm fairly new here, but I've been playing RuneQuest since 1981. Does anyone know of write-ups for DC characters such as Batman, Robin, Joker, etc? I have thought of using Mutants and Masterminds for a DC heroes campaign, but I can't make heads nor tails of it. I couldn't get my head around the d20 system either, so it's no surprise.

Any other Superhero information would be helpful.

Hi all, I'm fairly new here, but I've been playing RuneQuest since 1981. Does anyone know of write-ups for DC characters such as Batman, Robin, Joker, etc? I have thought of using Mutants and Masterminds for a DC heroes campaign, but I can't make heads nor tails of it. I couldn't get my head around the d20 system either, so it's no surprise.

Try writeups.org it is for the MEGs system, but honestly, for supers, its the only system you need. Sorry BRP.

M&M is very simple when you get used to it as it is essentially based around a single mechanic.

I would rank it just behind MEGS as a supers system.

Not that I am saying that BRP can't be used to run supers games, just perhaps not at the scales of power that some other systems allow. In fact I feel that BRP is perfect for a particular type of supers game....

As for specific resources for conversions, at the end of the day they will be one person's interpretation of the capabilities of a character, so any write-ups may not be perfect translations anyway.

Edited by leonmallett

Very slowly working towards completing my monograph.

Yeah... I really have only had time to glance through the rulebook and the sample combat I ran was horribly slow and plodding. I don't know, I really prefer Champions as a Superhero RPG, but after picking up BRP and really enjoying CoC recently with my game group that at least we could grasp the system just fine. Might be fun for a change of pace. I prefer the Batman Adventures level of superhero action anyway.

Crossposted from rpg.net:

Actually, licensed superheroes have indeed appeared connected with Superworld!

Different Worlds Magazine #23 had Superworld stats for the New X-Men (Colossus, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, etc.).

Issue #30 has stats for the New Teen Titans (Robin, Cyborg, Kid Flash, Raven, Starfire, etc.).

Issue #34 statted up the DNAgents.

I have some recollection of the Elementals appearing in print somewhere statted up for Superworld, but the exact magazine escapes me.

Good luck finding copies, however.

Ah... the halcyon days of multiple, regular in-print game magazines!

Crossposted from rpg.net:

Actually, licensed superheroes have indeed appeared connected with Superworld!

Different Worlds Magazine #23 had Superworld stats for the New X-Men (Colossus, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, etc.).

Issue #30 has stats for the New Teen Titans (Robin, Cyborg, Kid Flash, Raven, Starfire, etc.).

Issue #34 statted up the DNAgents.

I have some recollection of the Elementals appearing in print somewhere statted up for Superworld, but the exact magazine escapes me.

Good luck finding copies, however.

Ah... the halcyon days of multiple, regular in-print game magazines!

I must find these. Even copies will do. If anyone out there has them, send me a private message where I can beg, plead, and justify copyright infringement. :cool:

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"