font containing runes for Sorcery Techniques?

Oracle

While trying to complete a text explaining the different types of Gloranthan magic for my players, I realized, that the Glorantha Core Rune font contains all necessary runes except for the techniques used in the context of Sorcery. Does there exist a font, which contains these Sorcery Techniques runes?

(So far I've found only the runes for Command and Summon in an old Hero Wars font ...)

Any hint or pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Oracle
link added

Phil Hibbs created SVG versions which are bundled with the Glorantha Core Runes font. Check it out: they’re not part of the font, they’re separate graphic files.

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AndrewTBP said:

I didn't include them in the Glorantha Runes Roll20 Token Markers I created because I didn't need them for 13th Age Glorantha. I can make another version with them included if they're wanted. 

Thanks, but I'm able to do that myself. My main interest is using them in a text without being forced to add an image. Thus my question about a font.

11 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Phil Hibbs created SVG versions which are bundled with the Glorantha Core Runes font. Check it out: they’re nit part of the font, they’re separate graphic files.

Thanks for reminding me. But as far as I can say, Phil did cover the runes from the Glorantha Core Runes font only, which does not contain the Sorcery Techniques runes I'm looking for ...

No, Phil contributed SVG versions of the Sorcery Runes from the RQG Core rulebook, and they've been added to the Glorantha Core Runes font download. I meant what I said. Look in the ZIP archive that contains the font.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Phil Hibbs created SVG versions which are bundled with the Glorantha Core Runes font. Check it out: they’re not part of the font, they’re separate graphic files.

I used these for Sorcery spells in Secrets of Dorastor and the Book of Doom. I think I had to fiddle with them a bit to make them transparent and resizing them is a pain, but they work OK. They would be much better and easier to use as characters in a Font, though.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

The Sorcery glyphs were done as drawings by Jeff Richard, which I turned into vector images in Illustrator.

I imagine that Simeon turned them into small .tiffs or .jpgs for use in the core book. 

There is no font version of them so far as I know. 

I've placed the original file here as a .pdf, but this forum doesn't allow me to share files with an .ai extension. 

Sorcery Symbols.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

No, Phil contributed SVG versions of the Sorcery Runes from the RQG Core rulebook, and they've been added to the Glorantha Core Runes font download. I meant what I said. Look in the ZIP archive that contains the font.

Yes, you're right. I've missed to check the ZIP archive provided on the page  on the Well of Daliath page for the Glorantha Core Runes font, which contains a folder with the SVG files for the Sorcery Runes. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Since no one seems to have made one, here I compiled a TTF font with Sorcery Techniques. I can't attach the file here so download it from Google Drive.

I bound glyphs to Shift+1-6 and fixed baseline/scaling issues. Please note, that due to copyright I cannot "merge" them with Glorantha Runes font, but I made it a subset of that font, so you can select it in your layout editor just like you select bold variation.

5V5kfUK.png

AD2rSvZ.png

Edited by Phenomen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, soltakss said:

Do you have any idea how to access these in Word?

When they are installed, they are a subset of the Glorantha Core rune font, just type the shortcuts when the font is selected as usual.

image.png.7ef36c0de3041b0f056ccc2cc08f9322.png

then

AD2rSvZ.png

gives

image.png.ad44502905109909321f9e2d1aab418a.png

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Interesting, I can get all but Combine, which comes out as an @.

Here is me going along the top line of the keyboard and then using the punctuation keys.

When I use Insert/Symbol/More Symbols and choose the Subset, I get Basic Latin and General Punctuation, but not the Glyphs.

image.png.635aef4f64afed6f04558a82220c8953.png

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

@David ScottWould you be able to upload a sample Word Document with the glyphs, please? That way, I can copy and paste the Combine technique into my Word Document, thanks.

• Like 1

Most PC keyboards in the UK (as I know you are in the UK) actually have US layout where specifically the @ and " are interchanged.

The glyphs are mapped to Shift 1-6. Try shift 2 (" on a US keyboard) and see if that works.

As I've a UK keyboard, # is mapped to option-3 as shift-3 is £

Here's a docx file to help:

Sorcery glyphs.docx

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Thanks for the file. Unfortunately, the @ still shows as an @ on my laptop.

It must be something to do with how I have installed the fonts, even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled them.

Ah well, never mind, I'll just have to use an image for the Combine Rune.

image.png.1028d55a2c6710c5b21e50021372ed0a.png

I've had a couple of goes at this also, but I only get the @ symbol - curiously, using David's Word document when I toggle bold off the @ symbol remains but the others vanish, which makes me wonder about the font file itself - I use a W11 PC rather than a mac, if that makes a difference..