Breathe Life Into Art - What god is this spell from?

Pentallion

I love this spell and am wondering about ways it could become more like the magic Lalo the Limner performs in the book series Thieve's World.  But danged if I can guess what god gives this spell out.  It's not Issaries, though whoever casts it would most likely be a crafter who would worship the god of trade, it's an illusion spell.  It's not Donandar, though it's art, it is crafter's art, not entertainer's art.  so what god is this and where is he/she found?

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Pentallion said:

But danged if I can guess what god gives this spell out.  It's not Issaries, though whoever casts it would most likely be a crafter who would worship the god of trade, it's an illusion spell.  It's not Donandar, though it's art, it is crafter's art, not entertainer's art.  so what god is this and where is he/she found?

Two possibilities I can think of. 

First, from the Esrolia book there is Sestarto the Artist (p.34):  Sestarto the Artist shaped the Landscape to create Ageless Beauty. He made the Farfalls, the Dance Scene of Painted Valleys, the Three Faces of the Crags, and the Walls of Veseularin. His sculptures became more and more realistic as he worked...

Second from the Sourcebook in the Redline History there is Iphigios the Crafter (p.167):  the craft god, Iphigios, came to the city [Jillaro] and constructed a beautiful statue of the Satrapess [i.e. Hwarin Dalthippa] in ivory and gold... 

Also Iphigios noted in the Guide (p.321): Atop a broad acropolis spreads the Temple of the Conquering Daughter, built by the sculptor Iphigios in the Third Wane with a distinctive colonnade of red, white, and black marble, which established the architectural style for South Peloria for centuries to come.

11 hours ago, Pentallion said:

I love this spell and am wondering about ways it could become more like the magic Lalo the Limner performs in the book series Thieve's World.  But danged if I can guess what god gives this spell out.  It's not Issaries, though whoever casts it would most likely be a crafter who would worship the god of trade, it's an illusion spell.  It's not Donandar, though it's art, it is crafter's art, not entertainer's art.  so what god is this and where is he/she found?

I think the clue is the picture on page 66, although that's mould rock, the next step is Breath life into art.

I know the answer, but this is more fun - there's one reference to my knowledge of the god and runes, but other references to just the god, who will find it first!

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

1 hour ago, David Scott said:

I think the clue is the picture on page 66, although that's mould rock, the next step is Breath life into art.

I know the answer, but this is more fun - there's one reference to my knowledge of the god and runes, but other references to just the god, who will find it first!

I wasn't posting a puzzle, I would appreciate the answer.  A friend wants to roll up his first character and he wanted an artist who could cast that spell.  I am at a loss for what god that would be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pentallion said:

I wasn't posting a puzzle, I would appreciate the answer.  A friend wants to roll up his first character and he wanted an artist who could cast that spell.  I am at a loss for what god that would be.

Okay, HQG, page 181, Iphigios the Crafter (Moon, Illusion), also associate god of Hwarin Dalthippa (Jillaro & Glamour).

Although you could likely make up your own craft god who could do the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

1 hour ago, David Scott said:

Okay, HQG, page 181, Iphigios the Crafter (Moon, Illusion), also associate god of Hwarin Dalthippa (Jillaro & Glamour).

Although you could likely make up your own craft god who could do the same.

Also Wilms, a minor cult in Sartar.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 11:19 AM, Pentallion said:

Consider Sorcery.  In RQ3 you could bring items to life with the Create Familiar spell, as famously demonstrated in "Strangers in Prax".  Of course that might be a bit too familiar.

The story is based on the myth of Pygmalion and Galatea, and in that myth it was Aphrodite who breathed life into Galatea, so Uleria would be the go-to culprit.