Merrie England available. Carpe diem!

RosenMcStern

For those of you who had the misfortune of missing the Dragonmeet convention, here it is:

PDF edition

Physical book

Carpe diem! Buy a copy while the RuneQuest Logo License has not yet been pulled by the Evil Mongoose Sect >:-> This game can provide you with a unique thrill: the thought of the RuneQuest Trademark Police knocking on your door to burn the last physical copy of the book, or to format your hard drive to prevent you from committing the Unspeakable Crime: giving away PDFs of an unauthorized, former-OGL product. May the Gods of Trademark forgive you!

Did I manage to sound serious enough? :lol: It's hard when the subject is not so serious. I meant, the license subject, not the game.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

giving away PDFs of an unauthorized, former-OGL product.

Wow, I'm still between jobs due to the awesome economy right now, did I just hear someone is giving away free PDFs?

Seriously, this looks awesome. I want it. I love "historical" settings when their world laws function as the typical inhabitant believed they did. Sounds fun.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Yes, it specifies it is for US dollars only. I do not know if you can order in USD from another country. But at least the people in US and Canada can use it.

Try CYBERUK for a discount in GB pounds. Maybe there is one for euros, too.

Edited by RosenMcStern

Hiss! Stupid firewalls! I could not check the link when I posted. You can find the PDF very easily on the front page at www.yourgamesnow.com today, or search for it among the novelties at DriveThruRPG.com - The Largest RPG Download Store!, while I fix the link.
Right now I can't get to YourGamesNow.com either:(

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

How easy is it to use Merrie England with BRP? (I don't own MRQ, and so don't know its similarities/differences vis-a-vis BRP.)

Thanks! :)

You can download the MRQ SRD from this very site here. It should contain all the rules necessary to play Merrie England (outside of Merrie England itself of course). It is very easy to use products from one with the other. MRQ has Locations and no Total HP and has some other differences, but the Characteristics are the same and they both use %based skill systems. It is very easy to convert between systems on the fly.

Edited by Rurik

Help kill a Trollkin here.

How easy is it to use Merrie England with BRP? (I don't own MRQ, and so don't know its similarities/differences vis-a-vis BRP.)

All of our MRQ medieval supplements are easy to play with BRP, too. Where it says "Persistence test" make a Luck roll, where it says "Resilience test" make a Stamina roll, etc. - you get the picture. As Rurik wisely suggested, download the Luxury SRD for the spell descriptions, as the games are balanced for the Divine and Sorcery spells of RQ, not the Magic and Sorcery of BRP.

Merrie England and Stupor Mundi, at their core, are compatible with BRP.

However, it is not, currently, a BRP game.

This means that if you compare skills then it will be different, Strike ranks are different, magic is different, hit points and armour scores are different and so on.

However, if you don't really care that such and such a weapon does 1D8 not 1D8+1 or this armour blocks 6 points not 5 points then it is usable with BRP. What I tend to do is to use the NPCs as written and work out what I need in terms of Strike ranks and spells.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

There is another sale at lulu.com. If you use he HOHOHO code at checkout, you get a 20% discount. Time to visit Alephtar Games - Lulu.com and grab your Merrie England, BRP Rome and Stupor Mundi hard copies! I have not checked if it works for Uncounted Worlds (I am afraid it does not), but it works for OpenQuest and Mythic Russia, too.

There is another sale at lulu.com. If you use he HOHOHO code at checkout, you get a 20% discount. Time to visit Alephtar Games - Lulu.com and grab your Merrie England, BRP Rome and Stupor Mundi hard copies! I have not checked if it works for Uncounted Worlds (I am afraid it does not), but it works for OpenQuest and Mythic Russia, too.
Hmm, I didn't see Mythic Russia. Is it on Lulu? It didn't come up in search.

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

Awww. Mark promised that he would put Mythic Russia on lulu soon. I hope he does it, so that you everyone who hasn't got a copy yet can get one. It is worth having. Meanwhile, I see that someone has already taken advantage of the discount and ordered his Merrie England. Do not forget that you can also order Birchbark Chronicles on lulu, and spend the entire holidays reading Soltakss' background materials. What else can you wish, for Christmas? :D