Heroforge Voodoo-fu!

svensson

I got to fiddling with him a bit more. Wind Lord 2.0

Gloranthan elements in the project...

The colors of Air/Storm is Orange, so orange tones in the tunic and tattoos. I also included some orange in the sword's lighting.

Despite it's affiliation with Water, blue tones are also strongly associated with Air/Storm via the sky color and rain, so I put a dull blue on his tunic and braes.

Woad blue tattoos cuz 'duh'

I used an iron/steel color for only the sword blade.

All other metal is gold-tone of brass, bronze, and gold. I was able to finagle the pose to lift his chin up to the Air and show the golden torc of kingship a bit better as well.

Windlord of Orlanth screenshot(1).png

Edited by svensson
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, g33k said:

Very nice work!

I'm curious... how much do they want to print that up, as-shown?

I don't know about how much Wind Lord would cost. but I printed up the figure shown below and it was US$ 80, which I describe as 'Warhammer pricing'. I should note two things though: a] I don't know a whole lot about the technical details of 3D printing and b] I am fully satisfied at how the figure came out.

Kesten Blackblade screenshot(1).png

Edited by svensson
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, svensson said:

... the figure shown below ... was US$ 80 ...

🤯

1 hour ago, svensson said:

... I am fully satisfied at how the figure came out.

I note you don't say you are satisfied at the price, however...

C'es ne pas un .sig

19 hours ago, svensson said:

I've been messing around with Heroforge lately. I think I've almost got the decals function half-assed figured out.

Tell me what you think.

I've mentally titled this one 'A Wind Lord Proves His Kingship'

Windlord of Orlanth screenshot.png

That is one pretty miniature. The detail is pretty great.  I love the tattoos and those little shoelaces.  Damn.  Could they have done a clear sylph, or perhaps a white and grey one?  That would be my only (largely irrelevant) gripe.  Purely a matter of taste.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Darius West said:

That is one pretty miniature. The detail is pretty great.  I love the tattoos and those little shoelaces.  Damn.  Could they have done a clear sylph, or perhaps a white and grey one?  That would be my only (largely irrelevant) gripe.  Purely a matter of taste.

Well, it helps when the HF program does all the nifty shading for you. Nevertheless, thanks for the compliment.

There are a lot of magic effects, so I chose the most appropriate one. There are no effects showing 'summoning' per se, so no semi-humanoid forms in the spell effect.

The REAL tricky part in the whole thing is having the discipline to stop yourself from going back into the program and fiddling with it some more. It's very easy to find yourself trying to 'gild the lily' so to speak.

• Like 2

I did a little fixing of Ernalina Axe-Sister. This is the version I'm keeping.

Changes:

- Smaller battleaxe

- Changed hair to a more 'helmet head' look

- Color changes in a couple of spots

- Added bronze throwing axe

Ernalina Axe Sister screenshot(2).png

Edited by svensson
  • Like 3

The big problem with the Heroforge program is that you really have to discipline yourself into not going back into old work and fiddling with things. You can easily find yourself trying to 'gild the lily' so to speak. OTOH, sometimes you really do improve the original work.

In this case, I was experimenting with posing and spell effects and I think I actually did improve Afara Moon-Sister.

The change is substituting a scarlet orb for a spell effect... She's summoning a Small Lune.

RQ Afara Moon Sister screenshot.png

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 10:35 PM, svensson said:

… I printed up the figure shown below and it was US$ 80, which I describe as 'Warhammer pricing'. I should note two things though: a] I don't know a whole lot about the technical details of 3D printing and b] I am fully satisfied at how the figure came out.

Got any pictures of the physical miniature?

Folks have requested photos of my 'Kesten Blackblade' HF mini.

Here's the detes:

- Type: Full Color Plastic w/ XL base

- Cost: USD$ 80 incl. standard shipping [not express, international, etc.]

- The photos are against a backdrop of a standard 3x5 in card for scaling purposes. One photo front and back

- Opinion: I feel I got the image I constructed on the HF site. I feel that the product illustrated was the product I got. But I also feel that it was very expensive. Additionally, in order to get a VTT file of the character for r/20, FGU, etc. I would have to become a 'member' of HF at an additional cost of USD$3 /mo. While I'm happy with the quality of my purchase, I think of this as 'Warhammer pricing' and would think twice or thrice before I bought another.

20220809_152530.jpg

20220809_152544.jpg

Delenda Harvest Mother Blesses the Fields

Gloranthaisms:

- Clothing, metals, and tattoos appropriate to Ernalda Priestess

- Inclusion of highlights in natural bone colors

- The 'degraded' appearance of the ritual axe with attention to maintain the wood-grain... it is a temple ritual item, not a combat axe [although I grant you the bull that's probably about to get a fatal headache would disagree]

RQ Delenda Harvest Mother screenshot.png

Edited by svensson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shiningbrow said:

Nice one!

Thanks very much. My general goal is to have a good representative of the major 'adventurer cults'. So far I have the usual suspects: Orlanth [Rune Level and initiate], Humakt [initiate], Yelmalio [young initiate], 7M [Rune level], Babeester Gor [Rune level], Lhankor Mhy [Rune level]

Some cults are difficult because HF doesn't have decals for the necessary Runes, or other Glorantha-ish aspects [adding helmet details, etc.], but that's to be expected.

I'm also trying to keep the female characters athletically female without straying over into Victoria's Secret territory.

2 hours ago, svensson said:

Thanks very much. My general goal is to have a good representative of the major 'adventurer cults'. So far I have the usual suspects: Orlanth [Rune Level and initiate], Humakt [initiate], Yelmalio [young initiate], 7M [Rune level], Babeester Gor [Rune level], Lhankor Mhy [Rune level]

Some cults are difficult because HF doesn't have decals for the necessary Runes, or other Glorantha-ish aspects [adding helmet details, etc.], but that's to be expected.

I'm also trying to keep the female characters athletically female without straying over into Victoria's Secret territory.

How are you differentiating your Rune Levels from non-Rune Levels???

I don't like the armour selections - not enough Bronze Age stuff.

Since you complained about the price (and quite rightly so), why not just get a 3D printer, and then get the files to print from? Then, do the painting yourself (or, as I did, get someone else to do them for you)?