RQ3 Titles Availability

svensson

That might be a bit pedantic. I think Peter's point remains intact. That is only 5* in total and and two of them are from the same scenario. Help me out here Godlearner, I cannot recall Aziok, where is she from?

* plus?

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

39 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

That is only 5* in total and and two of them are from the same scenario.

As I mentioned earlier, I have some ideas on upgrading selected RQ3 scenarios from the RQ Renaissance period, but none of what I have in mind involves messing with the sorcery rules, for either RQ3 or RQG.

(I'm not going say right now what I've actually started working on, other than that does rule out the Lunar Coders and Arlaten from Strangers in Prax. And remember, this is very much a side project, and not work carried out by the core RQ team.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Godlearner said:

Having done such convertions, I would say no. It is not too bad.

11 hours ago, metcalph said:

There's really only two sorcerers in RQ3 - Halcyon vor Enkorth and Arlaten.  I wouldn't convert the first and the second has a couple of background issues. 

I stand corrected on my conceding of my own point. Gee, I really can't win in this thread 😀 

Edited by DreadDomain

On 11/5/2022 at 3:55 AM, Rick Meints said:

I feel it needs stating again. All the Avalon Hill RQ3 titles mentioned in this thread are usually available on the secondary market at non-insane prices ($50-$75 on average) if you are attentive and patient. That's not as easy as just going to Chaosium's website to order them at your convenience, of course. 

These items have been known to show up at RPG Convention auctions from time-to-time.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

9 hours ago, Godlearner said:

What about Mikos, Aziok and her daughters, and Maculus?

I don't consider somebody's apprentice to be an independent person worth converting anymore than I consider their familiar to be independent.

I seriously doubt the existence of an hitherto unknown Arkati sorcerer in the Rubble.  

As for Maculus, he is a mixed sorceror/lunar magician as written and it's debatable what the balance would be in RQG.

OK, wearing my canon-consistency and editor hat - almost everything mechanical about Arlaten would have to change. RQG sorcery is very different in play from RQ3 sorcery. He'd require pretty much a complete rewrite, as would Mikos. I suspect the resulting character would be far less powerful and need far more support and assistance from the player characters, which would be a good thing.

Azios would also require a heavy mechanical rewrite, if you even wanted to use her at all. My recommendation would be to drop her entirely, in favor of a major troll assault by one of the established clans, using Rune magic and spirits, where the players have to take a more pronounced role, assisted and supported by their sorcerer ally.

• Thanks 3