Always bring a friend!

jackleg2010

WOW.

You just inadvertently helped me a lot! I'm teaching some young women in my family RQ and I hope this illo will be inspiring for them.

And I LOVE the look on the 'Amazon' with the broken spear on the bottom-right. The Big Ugly Lizard has her dead to rights and she knows it. She's taken her best shot and all it did was leave her vulnerable. The expression of fury, fear, and a large dose of 'OH SHIT!' is wonderful.

As for the creature it's too big to be a beaked dragonewt, at least from scale charts in various sources, so I'm going to guess that it is a Slarge.

Edited by svensson
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, svensson said:

WOW.

You just inadvertently helped me a lot! I'm teaching some young women in my family RQ and I hope this illo will be inspiring for them.

And I LOVE the look on 'Amazon' with the broken spear on the bottom-right. The Big Ugly Lizard has her dead to rights and she knows it. She's taken her best shot and all it did was leave her vulnerable. The expression of fury, fear, and a large dose of 'OH SHIT!' is wonderful.

As for the creature it's too big to be a beaked dragonewt, at least from scale charts in various sources, so I'm going to guess that it is a Slarge.

I really do think it's a dragonewt. also, slarges are only found in remote Pameltela.

On 2/20/2023 at 9:09 PM, jackleg2010 said:

Currently own a few BRP games, but not RQ since the AH 3rd edition. What creature are they fighting?

Is that fur?

image.png.555cd0d74740ab530c55394d3a412d9a.png

So furred (?), taloned, tailed and intelligent (note the armour)... wow!

The fur eliminates Slarges, the tale does not look like that of a Dragonnewt... hmm?

11 hours ago, Darius West said:

If you can't identify the critter, it is probably some sort of broo.

Well Darius, this might be so... or it could be the result of chaos.

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Well Darius, this might be so... or it could be the result of chaos.

Could be a dragonewt that has succumbed to Chaos. Could be a demon with a combination of draconic and mammalian features. Could be a dragonewt invoking some unusual and otherwise unfamiliar Draconic Effect ("Slick Hide" or something similar).  Could be a rare temple guardian, or some creature from Rinliddi.

The right arm armor suggests it is sentient and has put that armor on.

2 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

I really do think it's a dragonewt. also, slarges are only found in remote Pameltela.

You might be right. It's just my opinion. Slarges are not in RQG Bestiary, but IIRC there are some in odd corners of Seshnela as well, though very rare.

But there's a range of skin tones in Pamaltela, though admittedly the general run of Humans are of darker tones. I don't see it completely out of the question that two pale skinned warriors are in or from the Southern continent.

Hey folks, do we know if the artist did this specifically as a piece of RQ art?

If so, he got a couple of details wrong. The overall look and spirit of the piece is just fine however.

If not, then we're all probably nit picking too much.

Either way it's still a great piece of art and one that I've saved for future use. With attribution to Mr. Fetisov, of course.

3 hours ago, svensson said:

Hey folks, do we know if the artist did this specifically as a piece of RQ art?

If so, he got a couple of details wrong. The overall look and spirit of the piece is just fine however.

If not, then we're all probably nit picking too much.

Either way it's still a great piece of art and one that I've saved for future use. With attribution to Mr. Fetisov, of course.

Andrey Fetisov from various RQ covers and interior images.

From an earlier post.

• Like 1