Runequest 3e Scenarios

Macronaut

Are you asking after Glorantha material, or AH's "Ancient Earth" (Vikings, Ninja, and that map in the corebook)?

Because the AH edition is close enough, I'd just point you (for Glorantha) toward the Jonstown Compendium, and adapting RQG content...

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

55 minutes ago, Macronaut said:

Hi all -- Can folks recommend any online collections of unofficial RQ3 scenarios (ie. the Avalon Hill Ed.)?  I'm looking for adventure ideas. 

I am certain there is not a treasure trove of Public Domain (you did mean PD I assume) collections of RQ 3 scenarios just lying about otherwise I woulda yoinked 'em. But, if ya know someone, well, let's see... I'll try a summoning spell of a certain knowledge daimon who might know where to find such non-canonical PD RQ3 gems.

Hey@soltakss, any ideas?

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

11 hours ago, Macronaut said:

Can folks recommend any online collections of unofficial RQ3 scenarios (ie. the Avalon Hill Ed.)?  I'm looking for adventure ideas. 

There are scenarios on various people's websites but I don't think they have been collected in one place.

Have a look at the links section on my website for some ideas. You might need to go through the Wayback Machine to access some of the sites, as they might have disappeared. I seem to remember that Nikk Effingham and Nick Brooke had some good scenarios.

• Helpful 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

All basically answered above but I would only add that - if you can find them on ebay, etc and are willing to venture out of the public domain, the RQ 3 rennaissance products:

• Sun County
  • River of Cradles
  • Dorastor
  • Shadows on the Borderland
  • Strangers in Prax

...they are ABSOLUTELY worth it.  Some of the best setting and adventure writing in all the RQ oeuvre.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, styopa said:

All basically answered above but I would only add that - if you can find them on ebay, etc and are willing to venture out of the public domain, the RQ 3 rennaissance products:

• Sun County
  • River of Cradles
  • Dorastor
  • Strangers in Prax

...they are ABSOLUTELY worth it.  Some of the best setting and adventure writing in all the RQ oeuvre.

While not Gloranthan per se, Greg Stafford's campaign in either RQ3 Vikings or RQ3 Land of Ninja has plenty universal tropes for playing adventurers from a warrior society with an agricultural home base. The only original RuneQuest 3rd edition gaming material from the Avalon Hill period of Chaosium-written adventures that was not reprints of RQ2 material, but good enough to publish it twice without making it seem repeated thanks to the local flavor.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 2/26/2023 at 10:47 AM, soltakss said:

I seem to remember that Nikk Effingham and Nick Brooke had some good scenarios.

My first published scenario was The Duel at Dangerford (2020), currently available at 30% off in digital format as part of the GM's Day Sale. So it's not me you're thinking of!

AndreJarosch  collected the locations of scenarios from RQ2/RQ3/HQ/RQG/JC in several maps. They may also serve as a list of the old official scenarios.

For magazines and fanzines, you may check this list https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/magazines/  but some issues only contain reviews.

Some other links not contained in soltakss's website:

Jamie Thomson did write RQ articles for old White Dwarf and posted some of them as well as some unpublished scenarios on his blog: https://fabledlands.blogspot.com/search/label/RuneQuest

http://www.devinlc.com/rqscenarios.htm (with an old RQ3 version of "The Howling Tower" published in JC).

On 3/1/2023 at 12:12 PM, styopa said:

• Sun County
  • River of Cradles
  • Dorastor
  • Strangers in Prax

Yes, I completely agree.  I already have all of these, alas, and am looking for new material.

3 hours ago, Ludo Bagman said:

AndreJarosch  collected the locations of scenarios from RQ2/RQ3/HQ/RQG/JC in several maps. They may also serve as a list of the old official scenarios.

For magazines and fanzines, you may check this list https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/magazines/  but some issues only contain reviews.

Some other links not contained in soltakss's website:

Jamie Thomson did write RQ articles for old White Dwarf and posted some of them as well as some unpublished scenarios on his blog: https://fabledlands.blogspot.com/search/label/RuneQuest

http://www.devinlc.com/rqscenarios.htm (with an old RQ3 version of "The Howling Tower" published in JC).

These are great links, and beautiful maps, thank you!