How to Combine Pathfinder 2e and BRP?

Pao

Also note that DCs in oficial adventure modules are certainly set with the PCs level in mind. A DC 15 in an adventure written for level 15 characters would be irrelevant, as it would not be a worthy challenge and just slow the game for no benefit.

That's why I spoke of "level appropriate" earlier.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pao said:

Thank, any idea how to convert Mythras to BRP?

Do you mean in General or Classic Fantasy in particular?

I guess you could probably use CF almost verbatim to BRP (no combat style)... will mostly work if you use their monster instead of BRP monsters, I reckon....

After playing both and a fresh mind, I noticed some impacting differences between BRP and Mythras. But I think if you use CF first, then BRP to supplement, should be mostly fine.. 🙂

Other than that, I am working on something that I should be able to share soon that has a feeling of leveling up and specialization and ranked magic. But do not feel like D&D at all otherwise (no class, no level, though spell rank and spell schools)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pao said:

How do you convert Mythras to BRP?

they are highly compatible, as in both d100 roll under systems. Mythras is derived from BRP/Runequest, and was actually Runequest 6. A few skill changes, a few nuances like base skill percentages vs basing them off of stats, specials and criticals being slightly different. Mythras has Special Effects.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Raleel said:

they are highly compatible, as in both d100 roll under systems. Mythras is derived from BRP/Runequest, and was actually Runequest 6. A few skill changes, a few nuances like base skill percentages vs basing them off of stats, specials and criticals being slightly different. Mythras has Special Effects.

There are some scaling differences as well, but as an abstraction of something resembling reality, they don't really matter that much.  However, when mixing and matching weapon/armor effects and creature abilities between the two, you'll sometimes find yourself saying "Oh, that was much more/less deadly than I expected."

!i!

• Like 2

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

6 hours ago, Raleel said:

I'd say that when you get at it you find that they are more subtly different than they seem at first blush.

Action economy in combat is completely different. Istead of DEX ranks you have combat actions. All powers / effects that manipulate combat actions have to be redone.

Levels of success are different with critical at 1/10 skill and no specials. So, all effects that depend on success level have either to be critical based 1/20 or special based 1/5.

There is no Resistance Table and you never roll characteristic x5 as a percentage. Having special skills instead.

You have no general hit points, just locational ones.

Dodge and parry function a bit differently.

The magic systems are different from those in the BRP UGE book.

That said, yes, they have the same ancestry and it shows: Mythras and BRP are much much closer than, say,  BRP and Pathfinder. 

• Like 4

• Pao changed the title to How to Combine Pathfinder 2e and BRP?
7 hours ago, Pao said:

The more I'm trying to convert PF2e to BRP the more I feel like I'm just combining them, and I realize that I like this version more than trying to convert PF2e to BRP.

Cool, go for it, then!

Personally, I would never do that. I like my BRP and my D&D separate. Even Classic Fantasy is too much of a combo for me. Plus, I'm lazy and what you're doning sounds like a lot of work.

But that's really just me and I totally cheer you having fun with your project!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pao said:

The more I'm trying to convert PF2e to BRP the more I feel like I'm just combining them, and I realize that I like this version more than trying to convert PF2e to BRP.

You may want to look into Pendragon.
It's a d20 mechanic, but roll-under / skills-based & actually works an awful lot like BRP, when you actually dig into it.

Plus, shiny new Starter Set!   https://www.chaosium.com/pendragon-starter-set/

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

21 minutes ago, g33k said:

You may want to look into Pendragon.
It's a d20 mechanic, but roll-under / skills-based & actually works an awful lot like BRP, when you actually dig into it.

Plus, shiny new Starter Set!   https://www.chaosium.com/pendragon-starter-set/

And, don't forget, there is a fan conversion out there that may make some things fit better for a fantasy game. PendragonPass!

SDLeary

Edited by SDLeary
  • Like 1