Out now in Print: FURTHEST, Crown Jewel of Lunar Tarsh, by Simon Bray & Friends

Nick Brooke

FurthestAd-16AUG23.thumb.png.8a9945fde6c2bbf7432acf975df4735a.png

Poster map: tiny.cc/jc-furthest-map

A complete gazetteer of the city of Furthest plus a map and guide to the Kingdom of Tarsh, inc. Dragonrise aftermath, major players, minor cults, new Rune spells, a Tarsh bestiary, Jaxarte Whyded, adventure seeds and a full-blown scenario.

$19.95 digital (PDF), available from 23 August.

$49.95 premium or $35.95 cheap colour hardcover print-on-demand, available from 12 September.
Edited by Nick Brooke
Out now in print (12 Sep 2023)!
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@andyl The Sewers of Furthest get a three-page article, two-page map and several Bestiary entries, featuring glorious art by Mike O'Connor! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Great to see Tarsh content returning! 

The mightiest Kingdom in Dragon Pass is at last receiving its due share of attention. Hail Moonson!

• Like 2

This book will have massive amounts of content about “Tarsh in general.”

I already mentioned “a map and guide to the Kingdom of Tarsh.” There are actually two maps, accompanied by a couple of dozen pages of gazetteer entries (covering every city, named village, landmark and holy place), perspectives on neighbouring lands, details on the districts, clans, great clans and noble families of Tarsh, etc. - plus almost a dozen Tarshite spirit cults, and a bunch of bestiary entries, ranging from albino sewer crocodiles to the Hydra itself.

If your adventurer comes from Lunar Tarsh, you will want this book. If your game goes to Lunar Tarsh, your GM will want this book. If you fear non-canonical material will rot your brain, you should get over yourself and want this book. Greg Stafford loved what the Unspoken Word crew did with his material for Tarsh In Flames, and this is its lineal descendent, blessed by Mark Galeotti and helmed by Simon Bray.

Simon plans several companion books of scenarios set in Lunar Tarsh, if this one’s a hit; he also has a gazetteer of Copper Town, where some of them are set. But let’s not run before we can walk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

This book will have massive amounts of content about “Tarsh in general.”

I already mentioned “a map and guide to the Kingdom of Tarsh.” There are actually two maps, accompanied by a couple of dozen pages of gazetteer entries (covering every city, named village, landmark and holy place), perspectives on neighbouring lands, details on the districts, clans, great clans and noble families of Tarsh, etc. - plus almost a dozen Tarshite spirit cults, and a bunch of bestiary entries, ranging from albino sewer crocodiles to the Hydra itself.

If your adventurer comes from Lunar Tarsh, you will want this book. If your game goes to Lunar Tarsh, your GM will want this book. If you fear non-canonical material will rot your brain, you should get over yourself and want this book. Greg Stafford loved what the Unspoken Word crew did with his material for Tarsh In Flames, and this is its lineal descendent, blessed by Mark Galeotti and helmed by Simon Bray.

Simon plans several companion books of scenarios set in Lunar Tarsh, if this one’s a hit; he also has a gazetteer of Copper Town, where some of them are set. But let’s not run before we can walk.

Oh. Sold, sold!

My campaign has already gotten into Tarsh with Argrath's first invasion.  That is where we are on the timeline, and a gazzetteer of Tarsh would already have been useful though the Guide to Glorantha was. enough to go on.  Currently in the Grazelands but that will not last forever unless we reboot.  If we do I'll want a trader campaign and want to go beyond Sartar in several directions.

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
typing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Brooke said:

Yeah, but theoretically, how many copies do I need to buy to make this happen?

• Haha 1

Just one, Jason. Then you can leave a rating, write a review, enjoy using it at your table, and tell people via social media posts / groups / forums how much fun you’re having using Simon Bray’s take on Tarsh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ok so I’m the key author of this book, it contains lots of fun, accessible and playable information. It gives hooks as to why you would want to play there, visit or meet its occupants. From the pov of Lunar Characters one factor to take into account which we explore in some detail is the impact of the Dragonrise. Literally thousands of job vacancies became available, powerful noble families have crumbled, religious institutions and services have lost the core of their leadership. It’s a great place for developmental opportunities. You don’t have to worship the Lunar Way to belong in Tarsh, there is a huge Traditional Orlanthi population.  

in regards to art / hijacking etc. I can understand artists frustrations, I’m one myself. But I can tell you that you need to have a presence on Facebook in order to get noticed. I’ve got about half a dozen different online folios full of Glorantha work…NOBODY LOOKS AT THEM. Yet I get almost daily contact about my art through FB and messenger.  Also you’re not going to make big money off this, put that idea aside. Now pulling this back to Tarsh, if you’re an artist then PM me I have future projects in my mind, you never know I might use your work. But please don’t post on here. I don’t hijack other people’s discussions so please don’t hijack mine. Including by discussing the nature of hijacking. 

• Like 8

Cover art by Simon Bray: The Blood Rites of Hon-eel at the Moirasseum of Furthest.

FrontCoverpromo.png.e7ef1bc4d9b77448630ea576762f0dc1.png

The index is done. 156 pages. A handful of internal artwork to go, and the book's complete.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• Nick Brooke changed the title to Out now on the Jonstown Compendium: FURTHEST, Crown Jewel of Lunar Tarsh, by Simon Bray & Friends
1 hour ago, Jason Farrell said:

I grabbed a copy and did a flip through already (so to speak); if this reads as well as it looks...

Same here - and I already love the artwork! 

(and love the recast "Citizens of Furthest" at the end! Great thought there for GM's.)

• Thanks 1

• Nick Brooke changed the title to Out now in Print: FURTHEST, Crown Jewel of Lunar Tarsh, by Simon Bray & Friends

Now available in print-on-demand!

$49.95 premium colour hardcover.

$35.95 cheap colour hardcover.

$19.95 digital (PDF).

9639E865-8A10-44A4-B4EC-7947426F6338.jpeg.7e809582f15612e40bdd2147c2d7042a.jpeg

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

Ordered.  That was a quick hard copy status!  

Simon Bray, Mark Galeotti, Chris Gidlow and myself are all long-time Moon Design / Chaosium / Issaries insiders, Chaosium VP Michael O’Brien has a short story in the book, and this is my 100th print-on-demand title so I’m kinda trusted to create viable print files at this point.

It was generous of MOB to reach out and approve an early print edition, but he’s a generous man and can recognise a beautiful book when he sees one. (And he’ll be looking at one in print, any week now.)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Crel said:

God-damn. Nice!

Proper celebration when my copy of Furthest turns up. It still feels premature until that has happened.

• Like 2