Sign in to follow this  
Chaot

What are Likes?

If someone likes something you've posted they now have the option to click on the Like in the right hand corner of your post. You have the dubious honour of having posts liked by me. Would you like to commit seppuku now, or suffer the humiliation for the rest of your life?

You learn something new every day ... I predict a lot of liking going on in the future of BRP Central! wub.gif

• Like 1

The 'love heart' icon has to be ditched however, it's a bit too gushy for me to hit the 'Like' option and then see the 'love heart' pop up as a result...

The 'love heart' icon has to be ditched however, it's a bit too gushy for me to hit the 'Like' option and then see the 'love heart' pop up as a result...

We need a Hate function as well, with a dagger symbol, just to even things up.;)

We need a Hate function as well, with a dagger symbol, just to even things up.;)

Being a grumpy old man, I need only the Hate function ... B-)

Popped up with the last update. Gotta be part of vBulletin's planned Facebook integration.

Ah.

When I first saw the notification it wouldn't link me to anything and the notification wouldn't go away. Those two bugs seem to have disappeared now and all is right with the world.

Please don't let the site be assimilated into the collective.

You will submit to timeline, resistance is futile! That was a Facebook joke, by the way.

Edited by Conrad

I wonder if there is anyway to get rid of the heart icon with the Likes button? I reckon a '+' sign would be just as effective, and way less 'gushy'...

Naw, it should be the silhouette of a Lovecraftian entity. Instead of multiple symbols, the monster icon should get bigger the more people hate your post.

It's ok. I'm sure I'll find a way to humiliate myself some other way. :D

I'm actually a bit happy that their gone for two reasons. While I appreciated the notification of a post being 'liked' I always worry about systems like that becoming popularity contests.

Second, I noticed that I hadn't received a 'like' in a very long time... was starting to feel unloved. ;)

I'm actually a bit happy that their gone for two reasons. While I appreciated the notification of a post being 'liked' I always worry about systems like that becoming popularity contests.

+1

The last thing that a site like this needs is to try to ape Facebook.

Second, I noticed that I hadn't received a 'like' in a very long time... was starting to feel unloved. ;)

Don't worry Chaot, I like you..... In fact I'm right outside your window watching you...wondering when you will find the courage to ask me to marry you...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa! =| The moral of this post being: it is better to be liked by your players than some stranger on the internet. ;)

Edited by Stoatbringer

Don't worry Chaot, I like you..... In fact I'm right outside your window watching you...wondering when you will find the courage to ask me to marry you...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa! =| The moral of this post being: it is better to be liked by your players than some stranger on the internet. ;)

Oh dear... Stoatbringer, it can never be. I'm married to my gaming.