The RuneQuest Humble Bundle Is Live!

MOB

Posted (edited)

humble-bundle-promo.png

We are so excited to announce the RuneQuest Humble Bundle! For a limited time, you can donate to charity and receive up to 18 RuneQuest titles valued at over $300. There are 3 different bundles which scale depending on how much you donate—the more you donate, the more books you’ll receive!

Discover sword, sandal, and sorcery in RuneQuest—a TTRPG where the gods are real and everyone can use magic. This bundle includes everything you need to treat your group to endless adventure in the Bronze Age world of Glorantha, one of the oldest and most influential fantasy role-playing settings.

And our long-time RuneQuest fans will find the RuneQuest Humble Bundle a great way to get additional digital copies of your most well-loved books, or round out your existing library: everything from the RuneQuest Coloring Book through to the massive 800 page two-volume Guide to Glorantha.

Even better, your purchase goes to support Code.org! This is an educational charity dedicated to the vision that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science as part of their core K-12 education.

The RuneQuest Humble Bundle is live now, and runs for the next 20 days.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 12
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Great idea and thing to do.

Looks like the original version of the Sourcebook is included in the bundle. Is that right? Some old timers that have everything but the new version of that might be happy to contribute to a good cause if we could get our grubby mitts on the new one. 

Edited by Frp
typo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

Oh. RuneQuest coloring book? I never knew that existed!

It’s clearly a Mindfulness Colouring Book to help those out who have been debating Encounter Balancing for BRP .. certainly stopped me from rocking back and forward in a foetal position

Thank you Chaosium

All jokes aside..it’s a great deal and worth getting even if you have got most of the PDFs.. and you get to give money to charities 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Frp said:

Looks like the original version of the Sourcebook is included in the bundle. Is that right?

That appears to be the case. And you'll also note that the new Lunar Way book is not included. 

My assumption is that the latest releases from this year would not be included as that would impact new sales.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 3

51 minutes ago, Starcarr said:

Well I just got all the books much quicker than I would have. Won’t  Chaosium miss out on, perhaps, much needed money by doing this? Wont everyone just buy them all now?

All of these books have been out for at least a year, most much longer.  A lot of them were probably selling in drips and drabs anyway, and the value to Chaosium of drawing a bunch of new eyeballs to the line is much greater, overall, if a bunch of those people stick around and pay full price for The Lunar Way, Dragon Pass, and so on into the future.  The bundle price is only for a month or whatever, so it's not about sales lost in perpetuity, only those lost over the next month.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 6:14 PM, Starcarr said:

Well I just got all the books much quicker than I would have. Won’t  Chaosium miss out on, perhaps, much needed money by doing this? Wont everyone just buy them all now?

I don't think so, I have a good chunk of the non-cults books any way and had put the cult series on the backburner in favour of any new Rivers of London books. I jumped at the chance to buy it primarily for the cult books. I'm really enjoying them and will definitely pick up The Lightbringer's book, and the Earth Mother's one, then I'll have to get the Lunar Way (which was not part of the bundle anyway)...

So now Chaosium is still going to get my cash for any RoL books AND I'm more likely to get the hard copy of at least one of the cult books.

Edited by Greville
To point out that The Lunar Way is not part of the bundle

The sacred sentence of science: "I might be wrong: let's find out." - David Brin

My Blog: http://grevsspace.wordpress.com/

Hey all

I just bought the 18-title offering on Humble Bundle and it looks fantastic. I'm looking through the contents of the Starter Set and it seems I have some missing content (I've double-checked the bundle and drivethrurpg):

Book 2 World of Glorantha, Book 4 Adventures, and the map of Jonstown.

Were these omitted because other content covered the topics?

5 hours ago, Scout said:

Book 2 World of Glorantha, Book 4 Adventures, and the map of Jonstown.

I would double check your drive through page - because these were all there when I got the bundle last night.

On 7/7/2024 at 10:41 PM, PhilHibbs said:

Oh. RuneQuest coloring book? I never knew that existed!

Yes it existed - if I remember correctly it was during Covid, Chaosium released free of charge doing their bit to help people who might be going insane (or in my case, with young children, just starting their Runequest careers.). Ah yes here's the release note:

https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/11663-more-rpg-coloring-fun-at-home-chaosium-releases-runequest-the-coloring-book-as-a-free-download/

On 7/10/2024 at 7:14 AM, Starcarr said:

Won’t  Chaosium miss out on, perhaps, much needed money by doing this?

I bought it for completeness, there was one thing in the list which I had never bought, because I didn't really need, but it was cheap enough in the bundle that I succumbed. So for me at least it counts as a sale that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 7:56 AM, Nozbat said:

It’s clearly a Mindfulness Colouring Book to help those out who have been debating Encounter Balancing for BRP .. certainly stopped me from rocking back and forward in a foetal position

Warning: Colouring the entire book may result in Illumination.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

If you've bought the RuneQuest Humble Bundle, check out this new free online toolset designed to help you and your friends both run and play the game. Create characters with ease!

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1

Missed the RuneQuest Humble Bundle? Don't worry, it has been extended by a week!

RQ Humble Bundle extended by a week

Thanks to the overwhelming response to the RuneQuest campaign, Humble Bundle has extended the offer for one more week!

Just $18 gets you $309 worth of digital RuneQuest books - every single title released for the current edition up to April this year. Plus the 800 page Guide to Glorantha (and the RuneQuest Coloring Book!). Jump on board while you can: this bundle includes everything you need to treat your group to endless adventure in the Bronze Age world of Glorantha.

$309.00 Value • Pay What You Want • Supporting code.org.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/runequest-chaosium-inc-books

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
Yes, that's right – the RuneQuest Humble Bundle really does include every title released for the current edition of the game up to April this year. All for just $18.00. But that's not all...

Screenshot2024-07-29at9_19_46PM.thumb.png.59bf5c4c64edc933cd77911343104ab4.png

...You also get the magnificent Guide to Glorantha, the complete encyclopaedia of the signature setting of RuneQuest. Now normally the Guide to Glorantha PDF retails for $49.99 (it's 800 pages long!). But here you can get it for just $18.00, along with seventeen other RuneQuest titles. Don't miss this amazing deal!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/runequest-chaosium-inc-books

Edited by MOB

• MOB unfeatured and unpinned this topic