Mission to Epsilon

rleduc

That cover alone is enough to buy me. I mean, don't judge a book by its cover and all, but using a classic illustration of a space station torus interior hits me in just the right spot between childhood nostalgia and current area of interest. Something about space stations like Mass Effect's Citadel and Elysium from the movie of the same name just grabs me.

Cabin Fever was written as a Rubble and Ruin adventure (though it could be ported easy enough to any PA setting). Narl, I don't think I have any pre-gen R&R characters, but I did a fast Rubble and Ruin for use at my FLAG that simplified character creation. I could post that if anyone wanted.

No, they really are all science fiction, submissions to the 2012 sci fi adventure contest.

Oh! Doh! Somehow I missed that bit.

Cool!

That cover image does pull me in. That's the future I was being sold when I was a kid.

Also, glad to hear there's an R&R scenario in there... PA adventures are always an easy pitch to the guys I game with.

Interesting that it's not even offered as a .pdf  :mellow: .

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

Now seems to have gone from the Chaosium website. Couldn't find it under BRP rules, supplements or monographs.

That's really concerning. I placed an order for Mission to Epsilon and a pdf of Operation Ulysses on 5/25; MtoE was supposed to be released on 5/28; and at some point my order changed to a status of 'shipped'.

When I look at my order, the link to Mission to Epsilon (http://www.chaosium.com/mission-to-epsilon/) now leads to a page not found.

Hmmm, my author copy supposedly shipped late last week or early this week.  I haven't yet seen it.  I'll give it another week before I get concerned, but its total disappearance from the website after the splashy announcement is strange.

P.S. -- Checked the Chaosium website.  Mission to Epsilon is still advertised on the main page but has vanished from the alphabetical listing of BRP product where one would actually order it.  Not sure what to make of that.  Deemed a lackluster effort and cancelled?  Overwhelmed by orders and temporarily removed until they can restock it?

Hmmm, my author copy supposedly shipped late last week or early this week. I haven't yet seen it. I'll give it another week before I get concerned, but its total disappearance from the website after the splashy announcement is strange.

P.S. -- Checked the Chaosium website. Mission to Epsilon is still advertised on the main page but has vanished from the alphabetical listing of BRP product where one would actually order it. Not sure what to make of that. Deemed a lackluster effort and cancelled? Overwhelmed by orders and temporarily removed until they can restock it?

The Chaosium catalog now seems to remove an item when it's out of stock. However, based on the text of the sale notice, I don't think it's being reprinted. At least not in the near future.

It may be moot at this point, but here's the rundown on the adventures (no spoilers):

Mission to Epsilon and Spacejack! are outer space scenarios in the vein of Classic Traveller.  Cabin Fever is a post-apocalyptic mystery.  Descent, with Modification is an undersea yarn.  A Mortal Coil is the odd man out, a straight Call of Cthulhu tale with no science fiction pretensions.  They are all challenging, with colorful NPCs and strange critters.  All of them could have used a second set of eyes for editing but glaring errors are few.

Yup!

Our warehouse guys miscounted the quantities we had in stock. They thought we only had 20, which sold out instantly in the sale. We had another 75 on hand, though, so they've been added to the site.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.