The Praxian Tradition

David Scott

11 hours ago, David Scott said:

The "missing" head is effectively the fertility of the Erno Arkozal Grasslands (the yellow centre) which has the best grazing in the Wastes, the same as Sacred Ground in Prax. The Erno Arkozal Grasslands were the site of Genert's Throne. Seolinthur's Fall smashed the throne (a cool looking rock outcrop) with his head. It would of been the same as the other Palace grassland, were it not for this.

image.thumb.png.9022d939599f7f0c84416699f758d2cc.png

I am a bit baffled by this - the heads of the rivers up to Sky River Titan leaping down the Skyfall were the forefront of the tentacles creeping inland. Seolinthur had its origin in Sshorg(a) and branched off to the north, to meet Genert's Palace.

Earthfall was the prequel to Wakboth's chaos horde crossing the Bridge of Slime to the Spike, before that mountain imploded in the Breaking of the World, creating the void in the center of the world where Magasta collected the waters of the world in his whirlpool.

That means that Seolinthur never reversed his course, that his head was always the part of him the furthest from the source in the Sshorg. Except possibly as his reaction against the invaders.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

11 hours ago, Joerg said:

I am a bit baffled by this

• Seolinthur dies at Earthfall along with Genert, Yamsur and those unnamed. 
  • The spike explodes, the Greater Darkness begins.
  • The Rivers reverse their courses
11 hours ago, Joerg said:

That means that Seolinthur never reversed his course, that his head was always the part of him the furthest from the source in the Sshorg. Except possibly as his reaction against the invaders.

The forces of Chaos routed the gods to utter defeat. The gods and peoples of Genert’s Garden, all survivors from the Golden Age, disappeared in a maelstrom of previously unknown forces. Their bodies were warped by Chaos, and their souls were scoured by the Fatal Screaming. Forever polluted, the Fields of Plenty became the Krjalki Bog

Given the above, why do you think he gets to keep his head? 

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

7 hours ago, David Scott said:
  • Seolinthur dies at Earthfall along with Genert, Yamsur and those unnamed. 
  • The spike explodes, the Greater Darkness begins.
  • The Rivers reverse their courses

Given the above, why do you think he gets to keep his head?

Oh, he may have lost it, left behind somewhere up the Rockwoods, unless he rose out of his bed in some shape (I would have guessed serpentine rather than humanoid) to face the invaders alongside allies of Genert such as Yamsur.

In other words: Genert's palace is not where I would have looked for the head of the main river of Genert's Garden.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

4 hours ago, Joerg said:

Oh, he may have lost it, left behind somewhere up the Rockwoods, unless he rose out of his bed in some shape (I would have guessed serpentine rather than humanoid) to face the invaders alongside allies of Genert such as Yamsur.

Plateau of Statues? It might make an interesting scenario linking both locations?

Find his head restore the river, cleanse the garden and raise Genert...

As Soltakss described in his epic to restore Genert but add having Seolinthur be the cleansing giver of life after their head is found and retruned before Genert may be reborn.

So you find the head, wherever what are the steps to reunite it with Seolinthur's body? Does the river need to have canal cut into the earth to reach its head in order to reattach?

There was a scene in Mononke where the forest spirit is looking for its head, maybe the river can reattach itself somehow to its head so to speak?

image.png.d08cd93220314c960994c351e8bc6989.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2019 at 12:25 PM, soltakss said:

The oasis folk are not affected by this. If someone tries to cure the Oasis Folk of their Sleeping Disease, it instead wakes them up form their slumber.

I wonder how somehow rebuilding/resurrecting Seolinthur would reduce this lethargic sate? Maybe it's a part of a long-term process to cleanse the Bog, heal Seolinthur and then raising Genert... how might the Oasis folk help rebuild Genert?

If the copper was filtered from the sands could it be molded into parts of Genert?

The rivers represented by snakes (Ernalda) on the map in Drastic Resolutions Prax got me thinking that if Ernada's mirror were repaired and were brought to the Bog, the PC's then could use it to determine the course of action via clues it may provide seeing the Storm Age before Seolinthur was killed and Genert's Throne destroyed.

As Mr. West noted in another thread what Prax would be like before Genert died: In essence there would be no Praxians as we know them, because there would have been no need for Waha's Covenant.  Instead there would be herds of intelligent animals and giants roaming the landscape for a start.

They Hero Quest into the Eternal battle and bring someone or something that will help them, maybe a powerful shaman or a tool to help cleanse the Bog?

Does anyone have a list of allied spirits and deities that may be involved in the healing of Seolinthur and Genert?

Zola Fel, Cleansed One, River Horse, Waha, Eirtha, Dew Maid, Frog Woman, Lucky Star, other oasis spirits, Hunter
Dog Brother, Oakfed...

Also what happened to the true dragon that lived in Genert's garden?

7 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Does anyone have a really good map of the Krjalki Bog? I am only able to find Drastic Resolutions Prax back cover and book center.

I have these from snips of larger maps of the Wastes, but I don't know who drew them.

image.png.b6d319a789d449854027c12fb18ed082.png

image.png.b12c1dff047242b4472f27e323b08e8b.png

• Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

10 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Does anyone have a really good map of the Krjalki Bog? I am only able to find Drastic Resolutions Prax back cover and book center.

(funny the nomad gods new counter stickers with provincial troops and Tada are still in my book...)

I'd use the one in the Guide. The point is there is no really good map of the bog. For example, the trails to the Erno Akazal grassland, changes not only with the seasons, but on a random basis too. Likewise with the streams and serpents. Known features come and go and may even move position, ruins rise and fall, patches of wondrous grasslands, trees, and plants appear and disappear overnight. Where a previous feature was, there may now be a corrupted chaotic version of it and that may come and go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

1 hour ago, David Scott said:

The point is there is no really good map of the bog. For example, the trails to the Erno Akazal grassland, changes not only with the seasons, but on a random basis too. Likewise with the streams and serpents. Known features come and go and may even move position, ruins rise and fall, patches of wondrous grasslands, trees, and plants appear and disappear overnight. Where a previous feature was, there may now be a corrupted chaotic version of it and that may come and go.

This is consistent with how I've approached the Footprint, though that is a much smaller scale. A map is only as good as the day you made it, if that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Any images for the throne his head smashed besides a giant stone chair?

Given he was water (and Genert was Earth), in my Glorantha no. It's one of the reasons why Erno Akazal is one of the most fertile areas of the Wastes.

• Thanks 1

-----

4 hours ago, David Scott said:

Given he was water (and Genert was Earth), in my Glorantha no.

I like that Seolinthur's head was a pond or spring of life and Genert's throne was earth from what I gather and so, it became a massive mud puddle gorp when his head falls onto the throne?

And a river went out of Eden/Genert's Garden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became four heads. Possibly this is Seolinthu's arms and legs were "heads" or branches of the river he was?

How to heal/cleanse, will keep working on that.

Interesting stuff.

image.png.7d8029d8fa8c067c8685e7e2cb00e118.png

1 hour ago, Erol of Backford said:

I like that Seolinthur's head was a pond or spring of life and Genert's throne was earth from what I gather and so, it became a massive mud puddle gorp when his head falls onto the throne?

I'm not sure why you want his head to become a gorp? Erno Akazal is not in the bog, and is not a chaos site.

• Thanks 1

-----

2 hours ago, David Scott said:

I'm not sure why you want his head to become a gorp? 

Somewhere I read his head fell on and smashed genert's throne, he's water Genert is earth... equals mud for me? I'll look for it but the resultant was the Bog.

Thanks for keeping me honest but I like that idea and hate gorp so it makes sense to be the mudpie Bog... like stinky river back water sloughs with dead fish smells and huge chaos insects... need Gorki and Stormbull Shrines for sure to help clean that up!?