Khan of Khans - new Gloranthan Family Card Game

MOB

I got to play the current version at Gen Con this week, and it's a fun take on and introduction to Glorantha. Players have the role of competing khans of the five major tribes of Prax, each trying to present the most beasts captured from Dragon Pass to the high priestess of the Paps. I'll be playing it with my students!

• Like 2

The demos went well: people had fun playing the game, and loved the art! 

We'll be working on some minor tweaks of the game with Reiner, before launching it at Essen in October. It was wonderful to have feedback from Greg Stafford. He enjoyed it so much he even started demoing it for passers-by at the booth!

(BTW, in the pic I posted above, one of the players is Mark Rein-Hagen of Vampire: The Masquerade fame (who also loved the game and gave some helpful feedback), and another is a writer for Geek & Sundry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It was also demoed at Spiel 2016 in Essen. With the added bonuses for me of catching up with Andrew whom I hadn't seen for about 20 years and Richard, and randomly picking the tribe of a character that I'm currently playing online... 

IMG_1019.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's over half way through November, and as Christmas to New Year probably isn't a good time to finish a Kickstarter, this means that Chaosium is running out of time to launch Khan of Khans this year. Economically January is a harsher time for many so not a good time to start then either?

Does this mean were looking at a 3 month+ delay to the KoK launch?

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to play Khan of Khans with MOB at Dragonmeet, London.

The design of the game is genius. It's very simple to learn the rules, but I can see it having a lot of replay value. Can't wait until this is released now, I'll be buying it for sure. 

IMG_20161203_163338.jpg

The orange hexagonal tiles are the corrals. Most players (tribes) have 2. Once they are corralled, cows are safe, but you can only use the corral once. You have to decide when you have enough cows to make it worth expending your corral opportunity.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Byll said:

The orange hexagonal tiles are the corrals. Most players (tribes) have 2. Once they are corralled, cows are safe, but you can only use the corral once. You have to decide when you have enough cows to make it worth expending your corral opportunity.

All start with three corals, except the impalas who have two. As you said you can only use them once, but many of the tribes have ways around that.

@Steve - nice shot of the back of my head!

8 hours ago, Iskallor said:

Edit: I want the poster!

No, I want the poster :-)

• Like 3

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

8 hours ago, David Scott said:

All start with three corals, except the impalas who have two. As you said you can only use them once, but many of the tribes have ways around that.

@Steve - nice shot of the back of my head!

No, I want the poster :-)

We all want the poster. Someone make it so...