Ten Candles in Glorantha?

hkokko

Has anybody tried 10 Candles (from Cavalry games) with Glorantha. We played an introductory scenario (modern times) with our RQ Glorantha group and everybody enjoyed it enormously. Has anybody tried to write a Gloranthan session module for it. 

It is 10 Candles. The premise is always one shot scenario. It is quite dark and definitely on roleplaying end of the spectrum. Was thinking of doing a scenario for it in Glorantha and thought that some of the people would have tried that out already. The mechanics are superb, lightweight. 

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX6wmXAqFNg

About 7 minutes long.

I played it once; very evocative.  I'd play play again... we kinda lost it there at the end, went campy, which hadn't been the tone until then.   There were elements I didn't care for, but that may have been GM-specific or variant rules.

I don't know that it's particularly suited to Glorantha (nor that it's particularly UN-suited); but it's a zero-survival game:  built into the mechanic is that NONE of the PC's will survive, no matter what.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Lots of interesting concepts there. I'm imagining using it for something like John Carpenter's The Thing, or maybe a murder mystery playing out on a space ship falling towards the event horizon of a black hole.

WRT Glorantha, it might be a neat way to play out a Heroquest where you're supposed to "lose." Hill of Gold is an obvious one, but even something like the Lightbringers' Quest involves everyone failing at what their best at one by one. The recording feature wouldn't be appropriate in all contexts, though letters left to be found, notes drawn in blood on cave walls and such could fill a similar role.

• Like 1