Guide to Glorantha Group Read Week 8 errors

This is a place where you can post any errors you spot in the Week 8 Guide to Glorantha Group Read. Please note that there will be a different thread each week to post errors.

This weeks page range is page 146 up to and including page 165. Please include the text to be corrected and the correction.

@Rick Meints has clarified versions of the Guide, please check your errors against the latest PDF:

The most up to date version of the PDFs is on Chaosium.com

Anyone who has purchased the PDFs can get the latest copy there, although you will have to have an account set up on Chaosium.com, and you may also have to have Dustin add the PDFs to your list of previous purchases. We have records for who purchased the PDFs on Glorantha.com, but we did not automatically add them onto chaosium.com

Edited by David Scott

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Chapter Cosmology - the text is neither searchable nor indexed.

p.149:

Mastery is associated with knowledge, internal unity and authority. Originally owner unknown, its current owner is Arachne Solara.

Original owner.

Magic is associated with communication between the worlds. Originally owner unknown, its current owner is Arachne Solara.

ditto

Power is associated with Sovereign over the southern continent. Originally owned unknown, its current owner is Pamalt.

either owned by, or Original owner

Moon is associated with illusion, cycles and balance. Originally owner unknown, its current owner is the Red Goddess.

Original owner. 

Telling how it is excessive verbis

4 minutes ago, Oracle said:

p. 153

Chaos Pantheon

The description talks about the Unholy Trio, but the list of more important Chaos gods contains only Mallia and Thed, but Ragnaglar, the mad god, is missing ...

Ragnaglar is dead.  He's not mentioned for the same reason that Wakboth isn't.

4 hours ago, metcalph said:

I missed this bit of information so far.

The fight between Wakboth and the Storm Bull is mentioned and described in several places. But the dead of Ragnaglar seems to be mentioned in the cult description of Mallia (in Cults of Terror) as a simple statement only. Are there any further descriptions available of this fight between Ragnaglar and the Storm Bull?

26 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Are there any further descriptions available of this fight between Ragnaglar and the Storm Bull?

Not really, cult of Stormbull has

He taught Death's virtues to his people when he slew vile Ragnaglar with his horns of iron.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

On 8/19/2017 at 4:48 AM, metcalph said:

Although as @David Scott notes the only text we have is that Storm Bull slew Ragnaglar, I personally like the idea that it was actually Wakboth who slew and devoured Ragnaglar as his first deed of evil.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, David Scott said:

I also think not much is said of Storm Bull's act as it was technically kinstrife.

Unless Ragnaglar had been outlawed for his heinous deeds.

I think that Orlanth would have been happy that someone else killed Ragnaglar, saving him from killing the mad god himself.

Also, not many gods were left alive at that time, so a bit of kinstrife was the least of people's problems.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

2 hours ago, David Scott said:

I also think not much is said of Storm Bull's act as it was technically kinstrife.

The same point is made in the King of Dragon Pass computer game in which Chalana Arroy manages to stop Storm Bull from killing Ragnaglar on the grounds of the same.

37 minutes ago, Steve said:

p.154 refers to the "Hero Planes" (plural), whereas the rest of the Guide only refers to the "Hero Plane" (singular).

Checking the backlog, I found use primarily of the plural form in Hero Wars Introduction to Glorantha and HeroQuest 1st Edition, but only singular Hero Plane in HQ Glorantha and Sartar Kingdom of Heroes (the only Moon Design books using this phrase). My explanation over on the other thread referred to the earlier usage as in HeroQuest 1, but that may have been a factor of the Separate Worlds dogma.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis