Matt_E

SAVAGE SWORDS AGAINST THE NECROMANCER is here!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/225 ... ecromancer
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/225 ... REE-TASTER

Get it now, while it's on sale for Halloween!

One hot night in the City of a Thousand Vices, the fates of three strangers become intertwined, as two chases, a kidnapping, and a hunt for fabled treasure fuse and transform into a mission to save...everyone. For as wicked as the denizens of Tozer may be, they pale in comparison to the sorcerer Oto Xar and the disciples of Gish. Come, weave a tale of blood-spattered heroes who pit rippling muscles and keen blades against otherworldly vengeance an eon in the making!

SAVAGE SWORDS AGAINST THE NECROMANCER is a reverent homage, meant to recreate the wonder and excitement of the weird tales that became popular in the pulp magazines of the 1930s. These stories of brawny warriors, black magic, and terrible monsters established the genre that later was dubbed Sword and Sorcery. Definitive examples of this literary style are the tales of Conan the Barbarian by Robert E. Howard. Considering the zeitgeist and Howard’s relationship with H. P. Lovecraft, it is not surprising that elements of Cosmic Horror sometimes appear in Sword and Sorcery fiction, and likewise in this adventure.

SAVAGE SWORDS AGAINST THE NECROMANCER has been designed as a one-shot adventure full of danger and mayhem, for a long weekend or perhaps tournament play, but also should be easy to integrate into an existing campaign. It is intended for three or four player characters; three sample adventurers are included, for an instant start. Mechanical details have been constructed using the MYTHRAS game system from The Design Mechanism, and the write-up should translate well to other d100-style rules. This adventure should be suitable for players of any experience level, including those trying MYTHRAS for the first time.

OLD BONES PUBLISHING strives to provide high-quality writing in a stylish, minimalistic presentation. Thanks for your interest!

SAVAGE_SWORDS_AGAINST_THE_NECROMANCER_small cover image for DTRPG.jpg

• Like 5

Our latest Horror Fantasy adventure has arrived.  Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!

Glad to hear it, Questbird!  I hope you like it.  If you do, feel free to leave a review.  If you don't like it, forget you ever heard of me. ;-)

Edited by Matt_E

Our latest Horror Fantasy adventure has arrived.  Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!

Cool.  I hope you find what you're looking for--and if you don't, be sure to let me know.  These forums are an unbeatable source of feedback for this stuff.

14 hours ago, lawrence.whitaker said:

If you're a fan of Fritz Leiber and Lankhmar, you'll really like this mini-campaign.

It's good stuff.

I look forward to picking it up Friday or Saturday then. I LOVE that sort of thing. 

Also, my group just ended their 5e game and I’ve volunteered to run. I am armed with a stack of monthly releases now!

• 3 weeks later...