Red Moon Rising

aspqrz

Does anyone have any contact details for anyone at Alephtar Games?

They haven't been updating progress on 'Red Moon Rising' and haven't been responding to queries about (lack of) progress in any substantive way ...

They haven't even logged in to the KS Webpage for a month ... there's obviously something going on, but they don't seem to be able, or want, to share ...

Phil McGregor

Edited by aspqrz
spelling

And a completely over the top one ... shooting the messenger for having the absolute sheer gall and temerity to ask for a substantive update.

And not providing any real idea of what is going on ... though it seems to hint that nothing has been done on the RMR Sourcebook as it only mentions some work done on formatting the comic, which was, of course, not the main part of the KS project.

Not a really good sign (YMMV), and I have backed KS projects that are as much as 3-4 years late, but where the creators have kept us updated with the glacially slow progress, at least, even when the explanations/excuses have shown a lack of planning or really poor decision making as the root cause.

Who knows what the heck is going on with this!

Phil

Philip McGregor, I will repeat it here to avoid cross-forum dramas. In pledging for Red Moon Risign, you and the other backers, have not supported/purchased "our communication strategy" but an RPG product we had in the making. When your angry posts are more about "how our communication strategy is wrong/unacceptable" and less about when the product will be ready and what will be in it, we do not feel any obligation to reply, or to reply immediately.

Please understand that we will not conform to any standards you or any other external source try to set for the frequency or contents of our updates, no matter how many words you spend on the subject.

See you on Kickstarter (and here) the moment we have further news. And no, there is no set time for this. It will happen "when we have something relevant to show".

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/04/2018 at 4:06 PM, RosenMcStern said:

Philip McGregor, I will repeat it here to avoid cross-forum dramas. In pledging for Red Moon Risign, you and the other backers, have not supported/purchased "our communication strategy" but an RPG product we had in the making. When your angry posts are more about "how our communication strategy is wrong/unacceptable" and less about when the product will be ready and what will be in it, we do not feel any obligation to reply, or to reply immediately.

Please understand that we will not conform to any standards you or any other external source try to set for the frequency or contents of our updates, no matter how many words you spend on the subject.

See you on Kickstarter (and here) the moment we have further news. And no, there is no set time for this. It will happen "when we have something relevant to show".

So basically your backers can kiss it?

Nice attitude. I guess backing you guys is a case of caveat emptor. 

Im guessing you were a lot friendlier when cap in hand you were asking for people’s money.

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

I hate throwing gasoline on the fire, and I do not wish to sound too polemic, but your "caveat emptor" comment seems to imply that we will not deliver. This is disproven by hard facts. We have two fully delivered crowdfundings in our portfolio, both with a delay of less than one year. The rewards for a third one have shipped yesterday, I have the first tracking numbers for "Revolution D100 hardcover" here with me, at last. Unfortunately we were six months late, but most projects end up being late. 

The same will happen with Red Moon: we will deliver it, or die trying (the former option being preferred).

We prefer to let delivered products speak for the reliability of our crowdfunding initiatives. We leave "regular updates about the reasons for the delay" to those who deliver several years late, if ever.

On 4/24/2018 at 6:02 PM, HorusArisen said:

So basically your backers can kiss it?

Nice attitude. I guess backing you guys is a case of caveat emptor. 

Im guessing you were a lot friendlier when cap in hand you were asking for people’s money.

RosenMcstern is a passionate game designer whom I had the chance to work with, so you can count on him to work on the product and to have it been released. He only has a much higher score in Knowledge [Game Design] than in Communication [Stroke Customer], but this is what matters, isn't it :P ?

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

It ain’t about stroking the customer. You might know him, they don’t and he could be swanning around in Hawaii for all they know.

Do you thinking taking five seconds to ping a message to the people paying for your little artistic project is to hard? Try backing it like other companies and hope you sell enough to recoup your investment.

Between this and another designer who finds his consumers to much work to bother I can see why a lot of people lose faith in KS. Lucky for me I have the opposite example of a class act, a small publisher who despite some real serious illness kept the lines of communication open and guess what, not a single complaint about the delays from his backers, just gratitude for being open, honest and informative and a project coming out shortly they’re excited about...not writing off.

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

11 hours ago, Kairos said:

Did you back RMR?

Regrettably, hands down my worst experience with a KS so far.

The you’ll get what I give you attitude has really soured me to the entire project.

Edited by HorusArisen

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

I am sure that Red Moon Rising will deliver.

Alephtar Games is a small enterprise and is working with the artist, so that can cause delays.

I agree with Zit that RosenMcStern, Paolo, concentrates far more on game design and production than customer lubrication, but he is working very hard on this.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Again it’s not about delivery. I wouldn’t personally have backed them without research on their reliability there.

It is about the disdain they treat the backers with, maybe that’s acceptable to you, something I can personally ignore but when I see a big up yours to others it riles me.

Sorry but if you can’t take five minutes a month to talk to the people who gave you money  then maybe you shouldn’t be asking for it.

No ones complaining about delays, or accused anyone of doing a runner. Just wanting the occasional nod and soft update.

As it is instead of excited and engaged backers talking up the game you have what?

Edited by HorusArisen

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

• 3 months later...

Have you ever considered a career as (de)motivational poster writer?

Actually, I have just finished reviewing the first volume of the comic book. It has six pages out of 110 which require interventions, but it is reasonable to assume that subscribers will receive a link to the first downloadable item by the end of this month.

It looks nice on small tablets, too.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Red Moon Rising character sheet prototypeI am glad to present to you the first prototype of the Red Moon Rising RPG Character Sheet. We may do some graphic improvements at a later time, but the concept of the sheet is stable now.

RMR_CharSheet.thumb.png.8287d4647007dabfd40d53d4c6ee0785.png

Link to PDF version below:

Red Moon Rising character sheet prototype

Edited by RosenMcStern
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Zit said:

is that more or less what the character sheet of the core rules is going to be ?

Yes. There will be minor differences (species and size class, character picture with optional hit locations, Operations replaced by another skill for low tech environments;, etc.), but the new generic character sheet will look very much like this, just with a different style.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jakob,

Sorry that you lost track. It is our fault because we changed plans more than once. The new core rules will indeed appear, and 70% to 80% of them will coincide with what you can find in Red Moon Rising.

I am glad that you find it neat. We have done our best to keep the rules, and the character sheet, as concise as possible in this iteration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1