RQG Preview - excerpt from the GM Sourcebook and Rune Fixes #1

MOB

2 hours ago, Furry Fella said:

No e-mail. From seeing this thread I went to the drop box folder. The worry is what else I might not be aware of?

Maybe it's going to a spam-folder, or otherwise filtered away from your inbox?

The search-phrase that finds these e-mails in my mail is  "pre-release mail-out

C'es ne pas un .sig

22 minutes ago, Furry Fella said:

Followed the link MOB provided and filled in my details etc. Did get the e-mail re the second preview of the bestiary but not the last one

All the files are in the same dropbox folder.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

7 hours ago, Furry Fella said:

Followed the link MOB provided and filled in my details etc. Did get the e-mail re the second preview of the bestiary but not the last one

Entering the specific search I mentioned above --  "pre-release mail-out" (quotes and all) -- into my gmail, searching globally finds 11 e-mails from Chaosium (and I am embarrassed to note that some were mis-filed / mis-labeled).  If anybody has MORE than that, please let me know ASAP!!!   :)  

If anybody has FEWER than that, start looking for tech glitches:  spam-traps, other filtering, alternate e-mail addresses, etc... probably the issue is on your end, since Chaosium has this on MailChimp (or with a 3rd party who uses MailChimp), and randomly-dropped individual subscribers is an extraordinarily-rare occurrence these days.

If you find no possible errors on your end, THEN ask Chaosium to look into things...

But the problem is probably on your end.

No, really.  As a computer tech-support guy, I once helped a customer debug his "broken" drawing-tablet -- it was a disconnected power-cord.  The customer had angrily claimed that was NOT the issue, pointing out that he was a professional electrical engineer, and knew far more about this shit than random phone-support dork...  Yes he did know far more about electrical engineering than me; but his device was still unplugged.  Took me about half an hour on the call (with my "check all the power cords, connections, switches that control outlets, etc" coming in the first few minutes of the call; then we went back looking at progressively-more-esoteric possible issues; THEN we "just in case'd" the power-connections).

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 7/10/2018 at 1:04 PM, g33k said:

No, really.  As a computer tech-support guy, I once helped a customer debug his "broken" drawing-tablet -- it was a disconnected power-cord.  The customer had angrily claimed that was NOT the issue, pointing out that he was a professional electrical engineer, and knew far more about this shit than random phone-support dork...  Yes he did know far more about electrical engineering than me; but his device was still unplugged.  Took me about half an hour on the call (with my "check all the power cords, connections, switches that control outlets, etc" coming in the first few minutes of the call; then we went back looking at progressively-more-esoteric possible issues; THEN we "just in case'd" the power-connections).

LOL! Yeah had similar experiences. Did tech support at a school and computer science teacher couldn't get his PC working. No lights, no beep, no monitor, nothing. I asked him if it was plugged in and he said yes it was. I got to his classroom and he had everything plugged into a power strip (good) including the power strip itself (unbelievably not good).  

• Haha 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

3 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

LOL! Yeah had similar experiences. Did tech support at a school and computer science teacher couldn't get his PC working. No lights, no beep, no monitor, nothing. I asked him if it was plugged in and he said yes it was. I got to his classroom and he had everything plugged into a power strip (good) including the power strip itself (unbelievably not good).  

It was a perpetual motion power strip. :D

11 hours ago, Furry Fella said:

Again cross checked and copied your search. Last received is numbered 10# and dated 18 June 2018 (Please note I'm on the other side of the dateline). Have also checked web mail spam boxes for all my e-mail addresses - something I do every couple of days

Looks like its time to involve Chaosium.  You might just presume a glitch dropped your sign-up, and try re-signing-up as if it were your very first time (Praxian UnicornTribe jokes optional).

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

16 hours ago, g33k said:

Looks like its time to involve Chaosium.  You might just presume a glitch dropped your sign-up, and try re-signing-up as if it were your very first time (Praxian UnicornTribe jokes optional).

Be  very careful on starting something like that🤣. Atgxtg can testify I do a mean line in very low puns - a skill honed by several years playing Bushido from FGU and being able to make "Head" & "On" jokes and puns go as gags for week after week.

I tried resigning but got referred to updating my details which looked ok so fingers crossed and see what happens next.

Edited by Furry Fella

I would say that there is no real need to resign as, as David Scott reminded us, all the files are available in an unique dropbox folder, url being given each time.
So, if you ever received one email, you should have access to everything.
I just checked and nothing has been erased.

• Thanks 1

It can be difficult to work out which file is which in a Dropbox folder as it never shows the full name of a long file name, especially if you are browsing on a mobile device.

When I open the link, "Rune Fixes" is the second file in the list, and the "Rune Metal and Magic Crystals" document is the 12th.

8 hours ago, 7Tigers said:

I would say that there is no real need to resign as, as David Scott reminded us, all the files are available in an unique dropbox folder, url being given each time.
So, if you ever received one email, you should have access to everything.

You do have access to all the preview files posted, but there's information in the e-mail messages themselves (like the Bestiary release date that Furry Fella was asking about) that isn't included in any preview file.

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason