RQG Coupon Stacking

Daniel Stevenson

I know that buying the PDF version of RQG or the Glorantha Sourcebook gets the price of the PDF off of the hardcover, and I'm assuming the same will be true of upcoming books like the Bestiary.  If I was planning on buying the boxed set when it comes in, would these discounts stack on the one product or would I have to buy each book separately to use all of my discounts?

1 hour ago, Daniel Stevenson said:

If I was planning on buying the boxed set when it comes in, would these discounts stack on the one product

Yes!

From the bottom of https://www.chaosium.com/runequest-roleplaying-in-glorantha-pdf/

And wait! There is more....

You will also be able to apply any coupon to the full slipcase set that also includes the RuneQuest Glorantha Bestiary and the RuneQuest Gamemaster Resource.

• Thanks 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

4 hours ago, David Scott said:

I don't think that's what he meant by stacking, that's more 'spreading'?

I could be wrong but:

'Spreading' refers (generally) to applying a discount gained on one thing, to several things.  ie "When you buy product A, you get a discount on product B."  'Spreading' would be to say that discount also applies to C, D, E and F.

'Stacking' refers (again generally) to applying multiple discounts to a product. ie "When you buy product A or B you get a discount of 10% on C." 'Stacking' would be to say that the discount you got from buying A and the discount you got from buying B would CUMULATIVELY apply to C, ie 10%+10%=20% discount.

Spreading and stacking aren't relevant as neither are mentioned on the RQ PDF page.

4 hours ago, David Scott said:

You will also be able to apply any coupon to the full slipcase

Final Difference to Pay = Full cost - (RQ coupon*) + (Bestiary coupon*) + (GM Screen coupon*)

* if you were sent a coupon from your PDF purchase from Chaosium prior to the books being published.

Could @Rick Meints or @MOB correct me if I have misinterpreted.

COMPLETELY MADE UP EXAMPLES - I DO NOT KNOW THE REAL COSTS:

you pay £60 + P&P = £120 for the slipcase set - £20 RQ coupon - £20 Bestiary coupon - £20 GM Screen coupon

or

you pay £100 + P&P = £120 for the slipcase set - £20 RQ coupon plus you would get the two pdfs you don't have for free)

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

2 hours ago, d(sqrt(-1)) said:

I have a coupon code from the Miskatonic University KS that is valid until end Sept. Do we know if the hard copies will be up for (pre) purchase at that time?

I'd talk to @Rick Meints about that rick@chaosium.com

-----

On 7/12/2018 at 2:55 AM, Daniel Stevenson said:

I know that buying the PDF version of RQG or the Glorantha Sourcebook gets the price of the PDF off of the hardcover, and I'm assuming the same will be true of upcoming books like the Bestiary.  If I was planning on buying the boxed set when it comes in, would these discounts stack on the one product or would I have to buy each book separately to use all of my discounts?

There is NO boxed set for RQG planned. Please refer to it as a slipcase set. I am sorry for potentially sounding pedantic, but we do not want any false expectations set.

As for coupons, our website can only handle one coupon per order (which we don't like). Because a number of people may very well have several coupons that they would like to apply towards the purchase of the slipcase set (or any other multi-book purchase) , please contact customerservice@chaosium.com prior to making your purchase and we can issue you a special coupon. That's not ideal, but the best we can offer at this time.

The RQG slipcase set in printed form will probably not go on sale until October or November (depends on ocean shipping time).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

Hm if Oct/Nov that's annoying, as it means if I want to use my coupon I basically want to wait for all the pdfs to come out before I use it - which means I can't buy them until near the end of Sept...oh well I guess it's only about 10 weeks or so...

Edited by d(sqrt(-1))

Always start what you finish.

4 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

The RQG slipcase set in printed form will probably not go on sale until October or November (depends on ocean shipping time).

Can you (or @Jason Durall) clarify which titles are and are not part of the slipcase set?

• RQGcore rulebook
  • Bestiary?
  • GM Book?
  • GM's Pack?
  • And/Or ???

Or has this maybe not been entirely settled, yet?

TYVM !

C'es ne pas un .sig

To be crystal clear. As we have always said, in many places, the RQG slipcase set will contain THREE items:

1. RQG Core rulebook (488 pages)

2. RQ Bestiary (206 pages)

3. RQ GM Screen Pack, which is mostly comprised of a keeper screen, some short scenarios, a calendar, and a quick rule reference.

I do not believe I have ever seen Jason, Jeff, or I ever say it would contain anything else, or anything different. This was entirely settled last year.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

2 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

To be crystal clear. As we have always said, in many places, the RQG slipcase set will contain THREE items:

1. RQG Core rulebook (488 pages)

2. RQ Bestiary (206 pages)

3. RQ GM Screen Pack, which is mostly comprised of a keeper screen, some short scenarios, a calendar, and a quick rule reference.

I do not believe I have ever seen Jason, Jeff, or I ever say it would contain anything else, or anything different. This was entirely settled last year.

OK; my apologies.  I had thought it was the GM Book, and was surprised and puzzled recently when someone said it was the GM Pack.

I guess I just misunderstood.  Got it straight now (and thanks!) .

C'es ne pas un .sig

There is a lot of confusion between the GM Screen Pack and the GM Book, probably because they both begin with GM.

The GM Screen Pack looks like it contains a Screen (Which I will never use), some scenarios and a short version of the rules.

The GM Book will contain long-awaited HeroQuesting rules.

I am looking forward to the GM Book, but will buy the GM Screen pack if it comes out on PDF.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

2 hours ago, soltakss said:

The GM Screen Pack looks like it contains a Screen (Which I will never use), some scenarios and a short version of the rules.

Screen, Colymar/Apple Lane sandbox setting + scenarios, a calendar, and a quick rule reference are what have been noted.