Sun Domers back up weapon

Jon Hunter

On 2/14/2019 at 2:32 PM, Akhôrahil said:

The idea that everyday knives would somehow be ritually impure among Yelmalians for elemental reasons seems... kinda silly, to be honest.

Forks were not used until relatively recently, as they were said to support the Devil. I remember reading that a churchman deliberately used a fork at a dinner party, or the equivalent at the time, to debunk this and promptly choked on a mouthful of food that he had just eaten with his fork, thus reinforcing its place in superstition.

This kind of thing is kinda silly, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

4 hours ago, soltakss said:

Forks were not used until relatively recently, as they were said to support the Devil. I remember reading that a churchman deliberately used a fork at a dinner party, or the equivalent at the time, to debunk this and promptly choked on a mouthful of food that he had just eaten with his fork, thus reinforcing its place in superstition.

This kind of thing is kinda silly, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

True, but forks are a luxury item which have a very narrow purpose which can mostly be performed by other items.

The same is not true for knives.

For Yelmalians, a knife is just a narrow spear point with a handle for holding. For Orlanthi, it is just a very small sword. Different mythical derivation producing a similar object.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

21 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

True, but forks are a luxury item which have a very narrow purpose which can mostly be performed by other items.

The same is not true for knives.

actually only water cultists can use forks, other people get attacked by spirits of reprisal if they try to

7 hours ago, soltakss said:

For Yelmalians, a knife is just a narrow spear point with a handle for holding. For Orlanthi, it is just a very small sword. Different mythical derivation producing a similar object.

obviously yelmalians can only use knives with round straight handles

and only darkness worshippers can play baseball, but they have to use rocks as balls

e: wait, fire worshippers could use spear handles as bats... hmm this needs more pondering

Edited by Brootse
  • Haha 2

On 2/16/2019 at 7:14 PM, Brootse said:

actually only water cultists can use forks, other people get attacked by spirits of reprisal if they try to

obviously yelmalians can only use knives with round straight handles

and only darkness worshippers can play baseball, but they have to use rocks as balls

e: wait, fire worshippers could use spear handles as bats... hmm this needs more pondering

Earth worshipers can play baseball with axes, they just have to use the blunt end.