What settings are you planning?

Trifletraxor

Personally I'll will continue a Pavis campaign, using the new BRP rules + the old magic system, and I also plan an Islandia setting based on northern mythology which will only use the new BRP rules.

Other than that, I plan to test out all the different settings which get scenario support published for BRP.

Sverre.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running a B.P.R.D.-like game set in modern NYC with the playtest rules. Works like a dream.

I'm also running a Gods of Law game set just after the fall of Melnibone. It's largely based on Stormbringer5 and the GoL monograph, but I've incorporated a few things from the playtest rules as well.

I'd like to run a short campaign based on FFG's Grimm setting at some point. At some point, I'd like to try and run a superheros game with it as well.

70/420

Not really planning anything, as I rarely GM and don't actually have a group to play with.

The possible exception to this would be a once or twice a year session with my nine year old nephew. I introduced him to rpgs a few months ago when he visited, and I ran him through a simple RQIII adventure with Black Knights, girls in dreams, and a dragon or two. He seemed to like it so there may be demand for more.

Other than that, I'll hope someone will run something interesting on RPOL once the game comes out.

Hi badcat. Thank you I am very well. (except our rainy shit-weather at the moment in Vienna) And how are you?

Let me guess who you are if you know me from those Mongoose board. Hm...Badcat? ....Badcat? ....BRP fanatic...likes grim and fast ....grubel... think....Maybe you are Andakitty? (Cats everywhere...:))

Would be glad if you could tell me if I am right...

Not really planning anything, as I rarely GM and don't actually have a group to play with.

The possible exception to this would be a once or twice a year session with my nine year old nephew. I introduced him to rpgs a few months ago when he visited, and I ran him through a simple RQIII adventure with Black Knights, girls in dreams, and a dragon or two. He seemed to like it so there may be demand for more.

Other than that, I'll hope someone will run something interesting on RPOL once the game comes out.

RPOL, does that stands for Roleplaying Online? Are you thinking of a play by e-mail game?

Sverre

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I'm currently running a Wild West game using RQ3 system on Resource Masters (http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php).

It works great, and it's nice and lethal, especially with firearms able to shoot around 3 shots/round. Buy Dodge skill, use cover, and just try not to get into a gun battle!

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

(92/420)

I have some generic fantasy scenarios I may run to take it for a spin. I'm seriously considering some Glorantha.

<drool>

:D

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

(92/420)

Let's look at the shelf...

Pavis & Big Rubble

Strangers in Prax

Snake Pipe Hollow

Sun County

Borderlands

Duck Pond

heh... :o

(92/420)

I was wondering when you would show up...

There are some basic energy shield rules in WoW, very basic. Maybe something in Ringworld, but it has been a long time since I read it. So probably something but probably pretty undeveloped.

In Ringworld there are not many classical shields. Its a long time since I played it, so I hope the info is correct. You have eg. "Sonic Folds" which deflect kinetic energy totally (but not lasers etc.) and "Diffusion generators" which absorbs half of every damage and blurs sight. (in AND outside the generators range) To counter this effect everyone inside the generators shield has to wear special goggles (which is a very nice idea IMO)

Big 'steampunk' 3.5 D&D setting. Two huge books, by Privateer Press. Converting it to BRP sounds like a daunting task...

What he said (more or less) :)

Of the 2 books (there are 7* actually) one of them is pure fluff. Not a single rule in it (The World Guide).

You can read more about the setting here

Notice that one of the biggest complains the fan base has is that 3.x do not do justice to the setting.

It is a dounting taks indeed. But I been playing BRP since 1999. I love the system (mostly playing CoC, Delta Green and the ocasional Stormbringer game) and I enjoy, a lot, the IK setting.

Now with the Generic BRP I'll have the chance to convert the setting I love in a system I love.

Awesome, eh?

*7 books not counting the original adventure trilogy (now in a single volume) and charcter primer (now the 2 huge books mentioned above) :)