so 8x damage?

Pentallion

32 minutes ago, Pentallion said:

If my players Humakt rune lord takes geas do double damage and geas do double damage to dragons and geas do double damage to head does that do 8 times damage to a dragons head?

Sure. Double weapon damage again for Truesword, add damage bonus and magical damage for Bladesharp and Kargan Tor's Blessing before applying the gift doublings.

In case of double damage to Aldryami or Uz gifts, double again for using an iron weapon, probably before adding the magical damage. Striking a giant troll to the head with an iron weapon with Truesword, Bladesharp, Kargan Tor's Blessing would cause 16 times the weapon damage rolled twice, 16 times the damage bonus, and eight times the magical bonus. Feel free to roll the damage if the head has more than 50 hit points or if the adamantium-helmeted troll manages to parry with a great maul of enchanted lead, otherwise consider the location to be history.

Edited by Joerg
clarification of Truesword doubling the dice rather than doubling the rolled damage of the normal dice
  • Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

11 hours ago, Pentallion said:

If my players Humakt rune lord takes geas do double damage and geas do double damage to dragons and geas do double damage to headdoes that do 8 times damage to a dragons head?

Yes, that is how we played it and it makes certain people very effective against certain foes in certain situations.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I'd rather say that each 'doubling' is actually "+100% of the original damage", so the second applicable doubling would make triple damage, and so on. This would apply at each stage, so effects that increase raw damage done would apply together (3 doublings would be x4, not x8), but if there was a 'double damage that gets past armour', that would apply separately and be an actual doubling. If there were more than one 'double penetrating damage' effects, each would be '+100% of penetrating damage'.

• Like 6