Common Uses of the Lie Spell in Sartar

RHW

On 7/15/2019 at 10:24 PM, albinoboo said:

The Crimson Bat isn't dead it's only resting

Actual Lie Spell that I used in a game: "I killed The Crimson Bat three times!"

There is, however, a direct causal link from that very lie spell to the character being beheaded for serial murder. And no Detach Head either.

• Like 3

The Crimson Bat actually is actually uniquely vulnerable to Trickster. There's no limit on the number of points you can stack on a swallow spell. Even the Lunars might have trouble re-summoning the bat if it disappeared into Eurmel's stomach.

7 hours ago, EricW said:

The Crimson Bat actually is actually uniquely vulnerable to Trickster. There's no limit on the number of points you can stack on a swallow spell. Even the Lunars might have trouble re-summoning the bat if it disappeared into Eurmel's stomach.

This is getting very RuneQuesty, but it does make me wonder if there is a Sartar Magical Union group of Tricksters that can pool their magic. I can think of no ways in which that could end badly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

This is getting very RuneQuesty, but it does make me wonder if there is a Sartar Magical Union group of Tricksters that can pool their magic. I can think of no ways in which that could end badly.

I'll take a drumstick and a couple of wings, to go!

Edited by g33k
are we ready to move this tangent to the Munchkinry thread yet?
  • Haha 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

18 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

He he - it already did - EWF. Eurmel did start it, when he split the tongue and brain of Rostand the Speaker, according to King of Sartar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EricW said:

He he - it already did - EWF. Eurmel did start it, when he split the tongue and brain of Rostand the Speaker, according to King of Sartar.

That's rather a post-apocalyptic scape-goating of Eurmal. If something turned out to be a bad idea, Eurmal was to fault.

Basically, a very common use of the Lie spell is "I didn't do it", which unfortunately won't help more than in a situation. And even if the crowd accepts that as truth, they can still scape-goat the Trickster. "You may not have done it, but your god takes the blame."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Harrek secretly despises the Rathori, and the BEST way to befriend him is saying things like, "The Rathori are all kinda... soft.  Weaklings, y'know?  And there's never been one who wasn't a coward at heart."

Edited by g33k
  • Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, albinoboo said:

Easy to solve, just ask Harrek yourself.

I did that. He said no, but the look on Gunda's face makes me think he was lying! (He probably has the spell as well!)

I'm pretty sure that their mutual love of lingerie design is what forged the tight bonds between Harrek and Gunda in the first place... that feel of sheer silk and soft lace would drive anyone berserk if you have to go back to ... hession!

(Edit - Harrek comes from the Rathori, an area famous for their... 'lumberjacks'. Just sayin'...)

Edited by Shiningbrow
  • Haha 1