Common Uses of the Lie Spell in Sartar

RHW

10 minutes ago, RHW said:

"The next time you meet an Uroxi, call him a "Son of a Broo" and he'll be your friend forever."

I've always had better luck befriending them when I call them "broobride", but "gorpsucker" is good too.

Try either one, next time you want to settle an angry Uroxi (or several).

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

4 hours ago, albinoboo said:

Harrek is known as the negotiator, because of his patience,  accommodating attitude and diplomatic way of dealing with conflict. 

Just made me think of a new line to try out....

"My mother is Jar-eel and my father is Harrek" :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2019 at 10:03 AM, Pentallion said:

"Dear people of Pavis, tonight is the last night for tomorrow YELM WILL NOT RISE!"

Fine for the night, as there will be orgies of debauchery and violence, people sat at home with their families or visiting temples. When the Sun rises in the morning, a lot of people will feel very silly, but the Yelmalians would be proud that their prayers and actions brought the sun back. Orlanthi would say that Orlanth always brings the sun back every day.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

14 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

I think that's an example in the RQ3 spell writeup, which says that a Divination would resolve the issue.

How would they know? Divination cannot predict the future, in fact is is specifically unable to predict the future.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

7 hours ago, soltakss said:

How would they know? Divination cannot predict the future, in fact is is specifically unable to predict the future.

I think “how do we fix the problem” would get a “there is no problem” response.

After which, I’m sure communities afflicted by gross trickster abuses would want to turn the fate of the liar into a learning experience for other tricksters.

1 hour ago, Shiningbrow said:

But Yelm could respond with "That's the first I've heard of this... Who told you?"

By which time the harmony spells protecting the city walls have groaned under the weight of the city wide panic that immediately ensues, allowing Jaldon's host outside to break in and liberate the city.  But YGMV.

22 hours ago, soltakss said:

Do you really think that a divination to Yelm, asking "Will the Sun rise in the morning", is ever going to give an answer that isn't "Yes"?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

Do you really think that a divination to Yelm, asking "Will the Sun rise in the morning", is ever going to give an answer that isn't "Yes"?

I think the answer could also be something along the lines of: "Kill whoever said this with fire."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, seneschal said:

The Crimson Bat?  Isn’t that the superhero character that TC (Telmori Comics) is suing Prax Publishing over?

No, its from that cartoonist who left the company with all the comics about that grouchy, fowl mouthed druluz, his three nephews and his rich uncle. I think he is working for the writer of that Prince of Sartar cartoon, better gig imo.
speaking of lawsuits if that company that owns the rich druluz finds out about this thread... 'nuff said! Excelsior!

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!