Is Mythic Iceland still part of the plan?

smiorgan

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, Jason D said:

Yes. Pedro just turned in his completed and updated drafts of the updated Mythic Iceland and the Mythic Iceland Companion.

We're looking at doing them as a slipcase edition together, and sold separately. 

Slipcase will be mine!

@Jason DWill it be branded RuneQuest or just Mythic Iceland?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Grey said:

Bump…is there any news that this is still on the way?

Given that the ORC edition of BRP is due to drop in just a few days -- with Jason's name 1st on the cover -- I expect he's got zero hours available for Mythic Icleland (including answering fan-queries) until it's out the door.

Even then, he's got a *lot* of irons in the fire; but hopefully he'll be able to swing 'round to drop an update...

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 1:53 AM, The Crazy Red Scooter said:

Now that the new BRP book is out, are we going to see the second edition of Mythic Iceland?

20 hours ago, smiorgan said:

@Jason D Are there any news on Mythic Iceland 2nd edition? Now that the new BRP book happened, is the project going to be affected? I'm really looking forward to see this great setting do a combeback. 

Yep! It's in final proofreading now on the other side of the room from me, and the last of the art is coming in. I'm discussing the cover now with one of our new art team, adding a bit more content on ship-to-ship combat, and then it goes into layout. 

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Grey said:

So excited this is still coming 😁 Is it still planned as 2 books/ possible slip case? Hoping for any snippets or updates 🤞

"still" ?
It was pretty obvious, IMHO, that it was always coming.

The no-longer-really-nu Chaosium has had a keen eye to the bottom line since the very beginning of their tenure, and the financial realities kinda dictated a RQ-1st stance (with a brief lateral to the OGLpocalypse / ORC-licensed BRP)... not really looking at CoC here, as the CoC pipeline is mostly its own whole thing with largely-separate authors/line-dev/etc.  The dev-explosion that was the RQ "Cults" project slowed a bunch of the smaller / ancillary lines' production, not just the RQ line!

But dude... you GOT some "snippets & updates" right there!

OK OK OK... I too want even more updates, bigger snippets.

But also remember: every hour Jason spends tracking down "snippets" to share, and crafting "updates" to feed our ravening maw... that's an hour spent not advancing the MI:2 project!

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

7 hours ago, g33k said:

But also remember: every hour Jason spends tracking down "snippets" to share, and crafting "updates" to feed our ravening maw... that's an hour spent not advancing the MI:2 project!

I can see you are eager for this project and do not want any time wasted. I can appreciate this. But it is not too much to ask for an update every now and then. It’s been months since there has been any activity on this forum. 

Thank you for your consideration and patience with us more inquisitive folk.

29 minutes ago, The Crazy Red Scooter said:

I can see you are eager for this project and do not want any time wasted. I can appreciate this. But it is not too much to ask for an update every now and then. It’s been months since there has been any activity on this forum. 

Given that Jason (yesterday (twice!)) and Rick (today) have just visited with official info, addressing questions and updating status...

It honestly seems a tad churlish  at this point  to be going "but it is not too much to ask..."

If a status-update just generates MORE demands, that seems like it'd discourage them from doing any!

Moving forward, sure.  More-frequent updates would be very welcome!
If they go another 6+ months without even dropping by to say "no news, sorry; not even 1 new" ...
Then yes, "it wouldn't be too much to ask" seems a reasonable ask.

YMMV... but let's not chase away the geese delivering the golden tidbits!   😁

Edited by g33k
typo

C'es ne pas un .sig