WeAreAllUs: download Greg Stafford's 'The Quest of the Red Blade'

MOB

2104354048_QuestoftheRedBladecover.png.86ab7dbec9bbf9ba933422c54e1440c5.png

We're commemorating the first anniversary of the passing of Chaosium founder Greg Stafford with the release of new free adventures for all our major game systems. To honor Greg's legacy we're encouraging Chaosium fans and gamers in general to play a tabletop game from October 10 to October 31 in his remembrance.

For King Arthur Pendragon, here is The Quest of the Red Blade, by Greg Stafford himself. It was originally written by Greg in 1991, and has revisions and editing by Pendragon line editor David Larkins. 

The adventure even features an "aging Round Table knight, Sir Gregor de Stafford". This is the portrait of Sir Gregor we commissioned John Bridges to create for this release.

Stafford_portrait_basicborder.jpg.2e3b817cd7a66a0db678d87900889ea1.jpg

Download The Quest of the Red Blade here:

#weareallus

Edited by MOB
  • Like 5

I'm reading the adventure now.  It's excellent, of course, and I'm loving the layout and design.

I do want to report a typo.  Page 2, paragraph 3: "Sir Gregor then urges the knights to sear to the Quest."  Should be swear, I assume.

If I find any others I'll post them here.

• Like 1

• MOB featured and pinned this topic

Thank you very much! It's beautifully done, especially for a free product!

I just checked the character sheets. The heraldry is gorgeous. Caletus came from Eburacum but have a loyalty (London) passion. Probably a mistake. The squires look better than their knights, which is a bit odd.

Otherwise, the characters are very diverse, maybe a bit too much. I understand you need to offer choices for players, but it looks a bit like a politically correct cast for a modern movie. I suppose that's why there is a loyalty "group" to glue the PK together, but it's not my cup of tea.

Page 9, right column, second paragraph (under the heading Remain) : "After the time required to armor up, more knights the kingwill appears, including the king (if still alive)...". Looks like it should say "After the time required to armor up, more knights appear, including the king (if still alive)..."

Page 13, left column, 1st paragraph under The Terrible Feast: "If Pig Boy is captured the knights are still present...".  Looks like it should read "If Pig Boy is captured and the knights are still present..."

I've gone through the whole adventure now.  That's all I was able to spot.

Edited by Dagonet

1 minute ago, sirlarkins said:

Thanks for catching those typos, @Dagonet! We'll make corrections straight away. I should also take the opportunity to thank @Stoo for generously providing some of his heraldry designs for the scenario pre-gens. :)

Glad to assist!  As I said, the scenario is excellent and the design of the document is beautiful.  I love medieval illuminations.

• Like 1

It's gorgeous. And thank you for providing layers that'll let us make it printer friendly as well!

So far the KAP adventure is the only gameline I can find for download? Am I missing something? Or are the other game line's for the other adventures coming soon?

• Like 1

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

2 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

ah yes, you know how these politically-correct children today demand representation of Arianism

I researched and wrote the faux Persian Empire gazetteer for "Mazes & Minotaurs."  The real Aryans were the folks we call "Iranians" today -- the Daniel in the lions' den guys who later fought the Romans as the "Parthians."  They were one of a number of horse-riding, bow-slinging tribes gradually migrating West -- kicking butt and taking names until the Turks coming up behind them gave them the same treatment.

25 minutes ago, seneschal said:

I researched and wrote the faux Persian Empire gazetteer for "Mazes & Minotaurs."  The real Aryans were the folks we call "Iranians" today -- the Daniel in the lions' den guys who later fought the Romans as the "Parthians."  They were one of a number of horse-riding, bow-slinging tribes gradually migrating West -- kicking butt and taking names until the Turks coming up behind them gave them the same treatment.

that's not what Arianism is

Edited by Qizilbashwoman
  • Thanks 1