Thinking of Uz over dinner.

Rob Darvall

Argan Agar is a husband protector for Ernalda.
Does this give him access to Bless Pregnancy and so away to subvert the Curse of Kin?

If so, what does this mean for Uz politics?

Does Kyger Litor oppose the myth because it reduces her power in Uz culture? Or does she support it to her own cost because it increases the number of healthy Uz births?
How limited is Bless Pregnancy in this situation?

38 minutes ago, Rob Darvall said:

Argan Agar is a husband protector for Ernalda.
Does this give him access to Bless Pregnancy and so away to subvert the Curse of Kin?

Husband-protector of the earth. His wife may be seen as Ernalda, Esrola or Asrelia, viewed from the troll perspective.

The problem is that he is a husband cult. Bless Pregnancy is not applicable to the husband. There might be a humanoid equivalent for Bless Animal, but I think that's in Uleria's domain rather than the Earth Goddess.

But yes, I have wondered about this, too, and while I had not considered Argan Argar as the pathway to healthy troll births, I was thinking about Issaries and his Spell-Trading as the mediator. Ernalda and Kyger Litor aren't exactly on speaking terms.

There is a problem with Spell Trading, though - many of these spells, Bless Pregnancy included, have specific prerequisites to be cast, and the Spell Trading rules suggest that the spell is cast on the trading partner, and in one out of twenty cases the trading partner doesn't get the spell but becomes the target of the spell.

Bless Pregnancy comes with the additional burden that the spell is ongoing for the entire term of the pregnancy, which blocks the rune point(s) used in this trade for quite a while (if you play with that interpretation of the rules). But then, a single point may do the trick, at least to produce a litter of superior trollkin (which would be a valid outcome, too, wouldn't it?).

If so, what does this mean for Uz politics?

Does Kyger Litor oppose the myth because it reduces her power in Uz culture? Or does she support it to her own cost because it increases the number of healthy Uz births?
How limited is Bless Pregnancy in this situation?

I suppose that something like this would have been tried, by Darkness-friendly tribes or clans like the Torkani. But there is a possibility that Bless Pregnancy just increases the quality of the trollkin (which may put them into the Food category for being too uppity as easily as into the Superior category).

Consider Neep Troll-Killer. This individual's mother may have been the recipient of a Bless Pregnancy.

Edited by Joerg

Telling how it is excessive verbis

I don't think, husband or not, Ernalda would want the trolls having more, healthier births. Even if Argan Argar asked, I don't see her saying yes.

And Kygor Litor and Xiola Umbar haven't found a fix so I am not sure Earth is the route to it. And my Xiola Umbar Runelord has LOTS of heretical ideas about the trollkin curse, but I only shared them out of character with the DM because I want her alive. :D 

• Like 2

Inactive account.

59 minutes ago, Minion1stClass said:

I don't think, husband or not, Ernalda would want the trolls having more, healthier births. Even if Argan Argar asked, I don't see her saying yes.

And, I thought you were such a nice person :)

What, makes you say that, just outa curiosity and actually wishing to hear this one out, curious minds and all. I would not think that Ernalda would mind if her worshippers were evil or trolls for that matter, as long as they worshipped her faithfully. but I have no idea really. But that’s my opinion, what’s yours? (love the Minion 1stClass name, fan of Despicable me, or?).

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

3 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

trolls are naked all the time, the only change here is they are now blue with patterns

Trolls usually cannot see or discern blue as a color. Your troll in woad might be rainbow-colored without noticing it...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Minion1stClass said:

And Kygor Litor and Xiola Umbar haven't found a fix so I am not sure Earth is the route to it. And my Xiola Umbar Runelord has LOTS of heretical ideas about the trollkin curse, but I only shared them out of character with the DM because I want her alive. :D 

Hey there, did she ever wonder if some/all humans are just really fancy trollkin that breed true and forgot their proud roots? Just wondering.

singer sing me a given

3 hours ago, Joerg said:

Trolls usually cannot see or discern blue as a color. Your troll in woad might be rainbow-colored without noticing it...

Good Orlanthi will make the woad RIGHT, so it'd only be blue.

Of course, then there's the Eurmali who got that hot-pink dye, cheap, 'cos nobody else would buy the hideous stuff offa th'Issaries...

<studiously avoids looking at anyone whose name begins with "Q">  no idea where th'bastid got th'idea fer a pink troll, fer crimminies sake!  No idea at all.

Edited by g33k
disclaimer
  • Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

4 hours ago, Joerg said:

Your troll in woad might be rainbow-colored without noticing it...

A troll with “Pride”, I can just see him of her reagally marching in the annual Toronto Pride Parade!

1 hour ago, scott-martin said:

Hey there, did she ever wonder if some/all humans are just really fancy trollkin that breed true and forgot their proud roots? Just wondering.

See above....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

trolls are naked all the time, the only change here is they are now blue with patterns

This is interesting, I began to think perhaps all the trolls I encountered were Argan Argar priests that wore clothes to make the negotiations of trade go a little smoother.

I have just looked at about a hundred (maybe more) pics of trolls from the Chaosium and I have not found any naked ones except a few drawn by or for Sandy Petersen in Trollpak to show sizes and species tasteful standing turned 90 degrees to the right, oh and Playtroll™  of course ( i only read it for the articles, me). 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

I have just looked at about a hundred (maybe more) pics of trolls from the Chaosium and I have not found any naked ones except a few drawn by or for Sandy Petersen in Trollpak to show sizes and species

You missed RQ Companion and the article "More on Trolls" 😉

8 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

You missed RQ Companion and the article "More on Trolls" 😉

damn, so that puts it in perspective does it, seems I owe and apology  to Qizilbashwoman (willingly given if and when wrong). The companion used to be canon, so... I would assume something like that would apply. 

I always loved the pic of the Argan Argar fashion boat with the umbrella for shade, obsidian shades for the eyes, and a little zinc on the nose fro sunburn relief and prevention.

1 minute ago, Bill the barbarian said:

damn, so that puts it in perspective does it, seems I owe and apology  to Qizilbashwoman (willingly given if and when wrong). The companion used to be canon, so... I would assume something like that would apply. 

I always loved the pic of the Argan Argar fashion boat with the umbrella for shade, obsidian shades for the eyes, and a little zinc on the nose fro sunburn relief.

I believe that both RQ Companion and Trollpak are considered fairly canon (or at least highly reliable).

• Like 1

Just now, Bill the barbarian said:

I always loved the pic of the Argan Argar fashion boat with the umbrella for shade, obsidian shades for the eyes, and a little zinc on the nose fro sunburn relief.

Troll snouts are quite spacious. Almost enough to warrant a saddle-cloth like covering.

But I think sombreros will remain the go-to fashion for your dark traders.

1 hour ago, g33k said:

That, or duckbill caps...

The uzhim used to use polar bear heads for caps, but somehow those beasts went extinct. Harrek is wearing the last (and first) of that kind now.

12 minutes ago, Joerg said:

The uzhim used to use polar bear heads for caps, but somehow those beasts went extinct. Harrek is wearing the last (and first) of that kind now.

Somehow?

its awful friggin cold in Valind’s Glacier where I assume the Polar Bears to live. Especially if all yer wearing is the blood dressed head of a bear, you take whats ya can get up here...