Tell me about your unique/out-of-place characters

GoldShogun

Hi all, I'm quite interested in hearing types of characters people make, so I've made this topic for people to talk about the more unusual and interesting characters people have played or have had in their parties. This could be playing a character of a lesser known cult or culture or maybe playing a difficult character in a default campaign such as a Dara Happan in a Sartar campaign. As long as its interesting I'm all ears!

I'll start, still new to the game but I have a member of my party who is about to play a lunar tarshite Yelm worshipper after they read about the homeland section for lunar tarsh in the rulebook and found that some worship Yelm in the more lunarised settlements. Campaign is primarily set in Prax.

• Like 1

One of my RQG players was new to Glorantha, and played a Yinkini adventurer loosely modelled on the Cat from Red Dwarf. Lots of human concerns are basically irrelevant to cats: clans, tribes, kingdoms, wars, history, who cares about any of that when we could be admiring my hunting prowess and gorgeous hairstyle?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

My first character was a Waha worshipper from the Zebra tribe. He had the absolute worst luck with mounts and must have had at least five killed under him until one day the group came across an Argar Argar merchant with riding beetles. To make a long story short, my character got a beetle and rode it for the next five years of gaming. After a successful HeroQuest he was able to Release the beetle's Int and joined Gorakiki. Made an interesting team.

• Like 3

I'm playing a Yinkini-heritage Ernaldan camp-follower/healer for a Lunar expedition in the Rockwoods. A bit like Nik's actual Yinkini she has CHA 17 and 95 fertility, is always coming on to PCs and NPCs and hates getting wet. She's not just a healer in combat, but that's where most of her rune magic goes (apart from Charisma). 

• Like 2

I went through a phase of rigorously exploring the corners of the rules, pushing them to breaking point.

• Narric was an agoraphobic Durulz sorcerer who tapped his own SIZ down to 1 and lived in his gorilla familiar's backpack.
  • Daro and Mohenjo were twin brothers who each in turn underwent the Fix INT spell and then awakened the other as their familiar.
  • Max was an experiment, the result of a botched Heroquest. Created with a detailed GURPS-like points-based character creation system, he had all stats at straight 18s, no skills, and so many disadvantage points piled into reducing skill improvement chances that it was (technically, almost) impossible for his skills to ever increase. The perfect human, unable ever to change.
  • Pavo was a Peacock Keet, kept as a pet by a sorcerer who didn't know he was intelligent. He would watch his owner tutoring apprentices, and sneak out of his cage and read from his owner's scrolls, until he mastered as much as he could and escaped.
  • Gribble was a trickster who was eventually executed for serial murderer after a fantastic comedy chase scene. Win! I could go on about Gribble for ages, he was by far the most popular character I ever played despite his disruptive tendencies. It's a difficult balance to maintain, and I was relieved when it was over.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

One of my players is an "Allied" spirit of a would be Khan of a near extinct sept of Rhino riders (another PC).
He can transfer between the Rhino and a Rhino-horn knobkerrie.

He's the much reduced wyter of the near extinct sept of Rhino riders so the question is who is the ally and who the primary partner in their relationship. The spirit naturally believes he is the important one.

Watching a 14yo role play a rhinoceros is proving endlessly entertaining.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1