Questions regarding NPC in Starter Set book 2

Beorne

I have some questions regarding NPC in Starter Set book 2:

• Orngerin Holdfast has Spirit Rune at 60%. In RQG I haven't found the possibility to have spirit rune, perhaps I have missed something?
  • Erryn Mercy Is a chalana Arroy Priestess an has access to Sorcery spells, but Chalana Arroy does not give access to sorcery ans she does not seems coming from the west or having a Lunar past. How can she access sorcery?

Thanks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beorne said:
  • Erryn Mercy Is a chalana Arroy Priestess an has access to Sorcery spells, but Chalana Arroy does not give access to sorcery ans she does not seems coming from the west or having a Lunar past. How can she access sorcery?

Chalana Arroy could learn sorcery as far back as RQ3 Gods of Glorantha.  Since Lhankor Mhy teaches sorcery, there is scope (probably in the Holy Country but also in Old Pavis) of the two cults developing the practice of sorcerous medicine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beorne said:

Erryn Mercy Is a chalana Arroy Priestess and has access to Sorcery spells, but Chalana Arroy does not give access to sorcery as she does not seems coming from the west or having a Lunar past. How can she access sorcery?

From the upcoming Cults of Glorantha:

SORCERY

Chalana Arroy teaches no sorcery, but Initiates may learn it. However, Initiates are forbidden to learn any spell that may cause harm or suffering to others.

and have a look at Weapons & Equipment, Sorcery Training, page 118.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2021 at 9:03 AM, Beorne said:

I have some questions regarding NPC in Starter Set book 2:

• Orngerin Holdfast has Spirit Rune at 60%. In RQG I haven't found the possibility to have spirit rune, perhaps I have missed something?

It's been repeatedly stated that physical creatures that aren't spirits can't have the spirit rune so this is probably a mistake.

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

It's been repeatedly stated that physical creatures that aren't spirits can't have the spirit rune so this is probably a mistake.

Very possible; even likely.
But also possible that some upcoming book reveals this potential (but rare) Runic affinity...

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 12/25/2021 at 4:03 AM, Beorne said:

Orngerin Holdfast has Spirit Rune at 60%. In RQG I haven't found the possibility to have spirit rune, perhaps I have missed something?

Typically this would be true for shamans who have gained their fetch as well.

I'd likely play it as some unusual gain from a Heroquest - he was one of Kallyr's Companions after all.

On 12/25/2021 at 8:19 PM, metcalph said:

Chalana Arroy could learn sorcery as far back as RQ3 Gods of Glorantha.  Since Lhankor Mhy teaches sorcery, there is scope (probably in the Holy Country but also in Old Pavis) of the two cults developing the practice of sorcerous medicine.

In my game, the subcult of Arroin generally covers all the sorcery use, as they don't get proper access to Divine Magic.

• Like 1