Have taken the plunge......

Agentorange

2 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

... and how are your arms? Pumped?

Simply lifting the books and opening them will ensure my arms receive more exercise than they have for years.

I'll be walking round the house chanting like a marine squad in training.

" Lift that slipcase in the air
  My muscles are aching but I don't care"

Move those volumes up and down
My muscles are screaming but I don't frown"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Agentorange said:

......and bought the 2 volume slipcase edition of The Guide to Glorantha.

Congratulations.

I only bought the PDFs, as my wife won't let me buy the print versions, and I would be terrified to open them, in any case, in case the spine cracked or I spilled something on the pages.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

5 hours ago, soltakss said:

Congratulations.

I only bought the PDFs, as my wife won't let me buy the print versions, and I would be terrified to open them, in any case, in case the spine cracked or I spilled something on the pages.

They appear well bound, so I don't expect the spine to crack.  But the slipcase is tight and I find myself wanting to preserve the paper jackets, which are minor works of Gloranthan art themselves.  I don't spill on them because i don't eat and drink over them, just as i don't drink over this keyboard.

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
spelling, my nemesis.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, soltakss said:

Congratulations.

You could just not tell her. I'm not suggesting you lie - that'd be morally reprehensible, just don't mention you've bought them.

Ok you'd have to hide them and live a life of guilty subterfuge for the rest of your days, but everything has it's price.......

Edited by Agentorange

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

I would be terrified to open them, in any case, in case the spine cracked or I spilled something on the pages.

I've opened mine plenty of times - these are well-made hard-cover books and the spines do not crack (unlike for instance Griffin Mountain).  I do not read them at the dining table, though. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jajagappa said:

I've opened mine plenty of times - these are well-made hard-cover books and the spines do not crack (unlike for instance Griffin Mountain).  I do not read them at the dining table, though. 🙂

My G2G are in great shape, whereas my original 80s copy of GM is in a three hole binder!

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

On 3/8/2022 at 6:35 AM, Bill the barbarian said:

And think of the money you will save on barbells!

You will need training to lift The Guide to Glorantha.  I nearly threw my back out carrying them to my car from the Con on the day I bought it.

• Like 1