Chaos Snakes

Mark Mohrfield

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Nope. They were pretty much a silly rules construction. There are diamondback rattlesnakes and pythons though!

Take them, add some chaotic features and voila Chaos Snakes.
If that doesn't convince you either you can always see the Stoorworms to take references.

1 hour ago, Godweyn said:

Take them, add some chaotic features and voila Chaos Snakes.

My favorite was a group of Chaos Snakes that had the Appears Harmless feature and looked like an abandoned adventurer's campsite.

Personally, I like the Chaos Snakes - and whether they were originally snakes that took on the aspect of weapons, or weapons that were transmuted into snake-like forms, I thought they captured some of the bizarreness of Chaos in Glorantha.

1 hour ago, Godweyn said:

Since we are talking about snakes, does anyone know if there is more information in some lost corner about the "Deep Snakes" defeated by Babeester in "The Book Of Heortling Mythology" ?

I do not believe there is anything else.  I'd interpret them as either:  underground rivers or underground lava flows.  Likely of a draconic nature rather than deities.

On 10/14/2022 at 9:59 AM, Mark Mohrfield said:

Are the stats for Chaos Snakes given anywhere in the new rules? 

No, just use them from RQ2 and they should be good.

I never liked them, really, as they are useless against people with good armour.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Dorastor would be a place to look for Rainbow Snakes, at least in the French-language version (which was way cheaper than an English-language one).  Assuming these are the same beasties as in Anaxial’s Roster, the stats would be:

STR: 1d6+6

CON: 2d6+2

SIZ: 1d6+3

INT: 3

POW: 1d6+6

DEX: 3d6

So a little bit different from the RQ2 stats.  The attack is POW v POW, success results in victim being immobile/harmonized for 1d6 rounds, even if attacked by snake.  SR 1, costs 1 POW.

Edited by GMKen
Add reference
  • Like 1