Atalan Campaign

svensson

I've been asked by a couple folks to share the information I'm generating for my faux-Atlantis campaign for RQG.

Where would be the best place for me to post such documents and so forth? I don't want to clutter up the forum with unwanted posts, but I want to share the info with those interested.

Thanks guys

Edited by Scotty
Changed thread name and added tag
  • Like 1

Though  I am not the one you asked... I might have an answer. I think Blogs... under Browse on the upper left of the BRP windows... and downloads, same place but to the left of Blogs, might serve your purposes. 

image.png.791a6c1faa7fe171a5762d467992ef82.png

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 4

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

+1 for "I am not a mod"  Tagging @Trifletraxor, @Jason D (*) for a more "official" response, but they're pretty easygoing hereabouts.

+1 for the @Barbaric suggestion, a blog -- a perfectly viable answer!

Alternatively, it's a great topic for the "BRP" subforum.  BRP games include all the homebrew & "FrankenBRP" stuff, not just Chaosium-specific titles.
I'd title it / tag your thread as "RQG derived" (assuming it is such), just so those reading&commenting understand the context & basic framework you're working with.

[RQG Atlantis] This is my data-dump / library

When you're seeking substantive input (e.g. ancient-world Cults with some historicity behind them), I'd launch a new thread, also prefixed "[RQG Atlantis] ... " -- makes it all easily searchable, etc.

Edited by g33k
(*) if not Trif or Jason, who /should/ get @tagged for this sort of query?
  • Like 4

C'es ne pas un .sig

Let’s tag @David Scott, he knows all about forum architecture and storage limits and suchlike. (From my limited perspective, one top-level post with an ever-updating thread in the RuneQuest forum would seem fine: you’re writing for RuneQuest, it’s just one subject, and people will learn to stay away if they’re not interested)

You can edit subject lines to highlight new content drops - look at the way my JC Index post always tells you when it was last updated.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

As has been mentioned, start a blog. Keeps it all in one place and you can link to it from a forum thread (as Nick mentioned) and vice-versa. Switch the initial view to list and you'll see a list of updates. Likewise with Downloads (aka files):

Both are included in the site search.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

As has been mentioned, start a blog. Keeps it all in one place and you can link to it from a forum thread (as Nick mentioned) and vice-versa. Switch the initial view to list and you'll see a list of updates. Likewise with Downloads (aka files):

16 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Though  I am not the one you asked... I might have an answer. I think Blogs... under Browse on the upper left of the BRP windows... and downloads, same place but to the left of Blogs, might serve your purposes. 

At this point I could say great minds think alike!
But, my ma used to say, "fools seldom differ" so maybe I shouldn't 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, svensson said:

Well, I've posted an update for those interested.

Damn. I thought you had that up so fast... well, 'cause ya was just that good!
Although I could not figure out how you changed the dates to reflect real world times of play...

• Haha 1

• Scotty changed the title to Atalan Campaign