Starter Set Preorder

Narl

17 hours ago, SDLeary said:

Interesting. Me thinks someone is jumping the gun a bit.

We'll probably know in a few hours. That'll be about the time when @MOB does his "evening broadcast"! 😉

SDLeary

This is an individual gamestore (a small chain; less than a half-dozen brick&mortar's, plus their e-store), offering a "pre-order."
That's on them, and doesn't obligate Chaosium.  Chaosium themselves seems to dislike the term "pre-order," and AFAIK doesn't use it.

This retailer *might* be taking advantage of some back-channel info; but they might just be speculatively taking orders in hopes of getting more total sales.

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 2/14/2023 at 4:19 PM, SDLeary said:

Interesting. Me thinks someone is jumping the gun a bit.

We'll probably know in a few hours. That'll be about the time when @MOB does his "evening broadcast"! 😉

SDLeary

We will be making an announcement about the official release date soon. 

• Like 6

I would guess that this is showing up in game store preorders because distributors are making it available for their customers to order. One of the online game stores even has a release date, though I doubt it is accurate.

I plan to order direct from Chaosium since I expect it will include the PDF as well. 

Edited by Narl

129/420

On 2/13/2023 at 10:45 PM, Narl said:

It can't be too far off!

I always feel the need to caution people from jumping on any pre-order offer. We announce games to distribution 6 months or more before the item is released.

Even if we ship to the Distributor that store uses to get their stock, it is going to take a while for that Distributor to get the new item, get it into their system for sales to game shops, then those shops have to order, and then they have to get the items shipped to the store. Just because a game becomes available to a Distributor on Fictiontember 1, they may not trickle down to game shops for a month or more. We have no control over how nimble a distributor is, nor how quickly game shops then order it.

Chances are, if you want to purchase it as soon as you can and get the item in your hands, ordering it on Chaosium.com is your best bet. (and you get a free PDF of that physical product).

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 2

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

On 2/15/2023 at 2:21 PM, Rick Meints said:

Chances are, if you want to purchase it as soon as you can and get the item in your hands, ordering it on Chaosium.com is your best bet. (and you get a free PDF of that physical product).

There's a balance to be struck, I think.

I want to support BOTH my favorite games companies and the brick and mortar FLGS. Both of these venues are vital for the growth of gaming as a hobby and both are necessary for sales of the products we love and support. Personally, I try and trade off, one product from the company store and one product from the FLGS. And no products from Amazon. 😁

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 9:43 PM, svensson said:

I want to support BOTH my favorite games companies and the brick and mortar FLGS. Both of these venues are vital for the growth of gaming as a hobby and both are necessary for sales of the products we love and support. Personally, I try and trade off, one product from the company store and one product from the FLGS. And no products from Amazon. 😁

A man after my own heart!
This is my gaming-shopping, entirely.

Edited by g33k
  • Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 3/8/2023 at 4:18 PM, g33k said:

A man after my own heart!
This is my gaming-shopping, entirely.

This is definitely the way.

I'm eagerly looking forward to getting the Starter Kit!

As Chaoisum, with one fell swoop, seemed to reinvigorate and bring back the Starter Kit (I'm looking at you, Free League), I'm glad they are being consistent with bringing out one for Pendragon.

Well done, sirs!

- Bill

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, RandomNumber said:

Chaosium's Australian distributor is now taking orders for shipping in June.

https://store.aetherworks.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=104017

Problem is, if you order this way, you may miss out on a PDF copy (?). I’m not sure why this has gotten disjointed - please, Chaosium, could you make the announcement already and let people start ordering accordingly?

6 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

Problem is, if you order this way, you may miss out on a PDF copy (?).

I always order from Chaosium direct on the assumption this maximises their margins. However, I believe they participate in the Bits and Mortar scheme so ordering from participating retailers means you still get the PDFs.  That’s certainly the case with their Australian distributor who (by the way) are excellent with packaging and customer service. 

Edited by RandomNumber
  • Like 2

I'll wait till I get home from work, having been paid today and if there isn't any formal announcement, I may well get the pre-order from Aetherworks. It just seems odd that their distributer is already announcing something that Chaosium could be doing right now though! 

4 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

So.....do I just wait till then and order from Chaosium or just pre-order from Aetherworks? 

Are Aetherworks part of Bit's and Mortar, if not you won't get the PDF added in for free.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Having spent some time thinking about it, and considering all options on balance, I have taken the decision that the most decisive and reasonable thing I can do is have a child-like tantrum and sulk about it....

Why can’t I have my stuff NOW!?

😝

Edited by TrippyHippy
  • Haha 3