Pendragon Core Rulebook releases in April

2 hours ago, 7dot62mm said:

You could pre-order the Starter Set edition from both Chaosium and one's local game store for several weeks prior to its actual publication. One supposes a similar possibility would be on offer for 6th edition once the actual publication date is set.

The assurance on this site from those-who-know was that there is (was?) going to be a full release - not just preorders - this month.

On the site formerly known as Twitter, Chaosium posted 2 days ago that the Pendragon core rules and Grey Knight (and RuneQuest Lunar Cults) "will be out in release very, very soon". They show photos of actual books, which seems like a good sign!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TerryTroll said:

I wonder if they are waiting until it is available in all their warehouses.

I was thinking that as well. I wonder why they didn't do like the BRP book where they sold the PDF first and then gave discounts for the physical version later.

1 hour ago, cyberlobster said:

I was thinking that as well. I wonder why they didn't do like the BRP book where they sold the PDF first and then gave discounts for the physical version later.

They have answered that in one of these threads. In summary: they crunched the numbers and the sales of the books were worse with a pre-release of the PDF vs. a simultaneous roll-out.

At the Chaosium blog (https://www.chaosium.com/blogshipping-fulfilment-update-29-april-2024/, copied below), they've posted that the planned release of Pendragon has been delayed by shipping issues. 😞

The key line for folks in this forum is: "The Pendragon Core Rules and The Grey Knight will now be released worldwide in June. We will have a specific release date closer to the time."

Delays and supply chain disruptions continue to affect international shipping movements all over the world, and have sadly conspired against the previously announced release dates for our newest RuneQuest and Pendragon titles. While we had some advance copies available for lucky attendees at Chaosium Con in Ann Arbor the weekend before last, these had been air-shipped specially for the convention.

Our main shipments are sent by sea container, and unfortunately that's where complications arise: alas, the vagaries of international shipping have led to delays beyond our control. We know these titles are eagerly awaited, and we apologise for the disappointment.

• The release date for Cults of RuneQuest: The Lunar Way is now May 22nd. The book (hardcover and special leatherette) will be available from our US, UK, and EU warehouses. It will be available from our AU warehouse in June.
  • The Pendragon Core Rules and The Grey Knight will now be released worldwide in June. We will have a specific release date closer to the time.

Edited by Uqbarian
  • Sad 1