Pendragon Core Rulebook releases in April

Pendragon Core Rulebook

Your journey as a knight in the time of King Arthur begins in April!

The Pendragon Core Rulebook contains everything you need to create characters, adventures, and grow a legacy in the age of Pendragon!

What kind of knight will you become?

Can't wait? Check out the Pendragon Starter Set and the free Pendragon Quick Start Rules and Adventure, both available now!

Cover art by Mark Smylie

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I think it would have been a bit irritating for there to be separate Players and Gamemasters books. It is an age old preference, but having one core rules book adds to the accessibility of the line. Sure, there may be really useful rules and expansions in follow on supplements but players like to be reassured that the core publication is fully ready to run in and of itself. 

Well, I do anyway. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Josh Neff said:

Chaosium only releases the physical book and PDF at the same time.

I apologize but that's not accurate. I have bought dozen of PDFs in the Chaosium store and then got a discount when they release the physical book months later. The last time I even did this was with the new BRP book just last year. 

3 hours ago, Josh Neff said:

Chaosium only releases the physical book and PDF at the same time.

In recent times that is what we're aiming to do as our standard release model. 

3 hours ago, AJ The Ronin said:

I apologize but that's not accurate. I have bought dozen of PDFs in the Chaosium store and then got a discount when they release the physical book months later. The last time I even did this was with the new BRP book just last year. 

Releasing the PDF first, followed by the physical release, is now the exception rather than the norm for us, which is why we released the Cults of RuneQuest books, Alone Against the Static, Arkham etc with print + PDF at the same time. There is at least one and maybe another title we're planning to release the PDF first for coming up though.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the clarification. I haven’t been following the Runequest releases sadly (RL has been harsh lately). For what is worth, releasing physical books day 1, it's better IMO.

Really looking forward to this release. I'm having surgery in a couple of weeks and it would be lovely to have the book to read while recovering. Just keeping hope. 

Edited by AJ The Ronin
  • Like 1

I totally forgot about the BRP book! I got that in PDF first too. I was thinking of how the official word has been, for the most part, PDFs don't come out before print. Like MOB said, that's their standard release aim.

2 hours ago, AJ The Ronin said:

Really looking forward to this release. I'm having surgery in a couple of weeks and it would be lovely to have the book to read while recovering. Just keeping hope. 

Personally, I'm just really, really eager to have the core book in my hands, but for your sake, I hope your surgery goes well and it comes out in time for your recovery reading.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MOB said:

Releasing the PDF first, followed by the physical release, is now the exception rather than the norm for us.

Here’s Rick explaining why:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MOB said:

Releasing the PDF first, followed by the physical release, is now the exception rather than the norm for us, which is why we released the Cults of RuneQuest books, Alone Against the Static, Arkham etc with print + PDF at the same time. There is at least one and maybe another title we're planning to release the PDF first for coming up though.

It is different in different areas of course - you still have to wait in Aus/NZ, so getting the PDF first (from the Chaosium site) is still the way to go for some of us.

• Helpful 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2024 at 10:42 AM, Bill Mize said:

Managed to score my first ever game of Pendragon at the upcoming ChaosiumCon; would love for this to be available at the Dealer's Room then.

The Pendragon Coe rulebook will be for sale at Chaosium Con.

• Like 6

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

9 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

So......is it getting released today or tomorrow or when, exactly?

Do I keep refreshing the Chaosium site to see if there's an announcement of its release? Ummmmm...no, that would be obsessive. *ahem*

(Me: Temperate 4/Indulgent 16)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

Chaosium are rapidly becoming the biggest tease in gaming....

Definitely, I wish they would at least say something like "It will release after Chaosium Con", or "Books are on the ships to the warehouses, ETA 4-8 weeks" or anything! Last we heard it's still going to be released this month...

22 hours ago, cyberlobster said:

Definitely, I wish they would at least say something like "It will release after Chaosium Con", or "Books are on the ships to the warehouses, ETA 4-8 weeks" or anything! Last we heard it's still going to be released this month...

They got absolutely roasted by people a couple of times when they said that a supplement would be out by a certain date then missed the date, as far as I know, so they don't make that mistake again.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here