Adaptability of Sandhearts series

I intend to start a campaign using the old Borderlands supplement but modifying and exapanding on it. Would any of the scenarios in Jonathon Webbs Sandheart series be adaptable to this? 
p.s. I’ll be using the Questworlds system, if that makes a difference.

Edited by Mark Mohrfield
  • Like 2

I think at least the first scenario in the first volume (Sandheart Volume One) is easily adaptable, but I'd say you need to make Duke Raus' grantlands a bit more developed than what appears in Borderlands, having already farming steads with settlers living on the other side of the river and along its banks, so that some shady businesses can be going on without the Duke's mercenaries noticing.

Edited by Runeblogger

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

3 hours ago, Mark Mohrfield said:

Would any of the scenarios in Jonathon Webbs Sandheart series be adaptable to this? 

The God Skin in vol. 4 could likely work. Probably the Corn Dolls in vol. 2 once farming is established (i.e. needs settlers).

7 hours ago, Revilo Divad Of Dyoll said:

My only note is that they are relatively 'low-level" adventures for purposes of RQG.  

A good point regarding expectations of power levels from one edition to the next, though, noted in the OP, he'll be using QuestWorlds (or HQG?) which is readily scalable.  And the original Borderlands material is similarly low-level in its approach, too, so it should be a fairly compatible fit.

!i!

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

Another book you might want to check out is Pavis County & Beyond: Secrets of the Borderlands by @Ian A. Thomson and friends, which includes notes on running a hybrid Borderlands/Pavis campaign.

The Sandheart scenarios that won't work well IMO are Tradition (Book 3) and Mad Prax: Beyond Sun Dome (half of Book 4), as they assume a Yelmalian party carrying out cult duties for the Sun Dome Temple. I think the rest could work just fine: you'll need to tweak temple archives in The Corn Dolls, as there won't be any ancient tablets recording harvests in the brand-new Weis Domain, but maybe Duke Raus is building neighbourly relations by lending his troubleshooters to the Guardian of Sun County, as she doesn't trust her local militia to deal with a sensitive situation...

• Like 3

I'm excited to see the interest in the dynamic tension between Weis Domain and Sun County.  Throw in Corflu at the ass-end, and you're playing in my favorite stomping grounds/era. (I never took much of a shine to Pavis for some reason.)

!i!

Edited by Ian Absentia
  • Like 1

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

The River of Cradles is a great start, just get to Pavis, do the series and that links them Borderlands easily. Follow that with Sand Heart, then Sun County, Shadows on the Borderlands and when they get bored go to Pavis which also has good Raus and Sun County links. Any of these are scalable and could be changed in progression with a bit of work. Strangers in Prax could be thrown in as well.

There is so much material along the river and Pavis you can't go wrong.