Berlin '61 Submission

PK Games

I haven't read the material and likely won't*, so take this with a grain of salt.

It's always worthwhile to see if you can get paid (again) for your work if it's a BRP or CoC sourcebook or monograph.

If Chaosium doesn't offer to publish it themselves, you might be able to get a BRP license and retain original copyright over the material.

In either case, I encourage you to send Dustin an email at dustin@[name of BRP publisher].com.

* No offense intended here - I just don't have the spare cash for new games I'm not going to play - and I don't have any interest in MRQ-derived materials.

As it is, it would fit very well as a Cthulhu monograph. I'm not sure I would recommend it though, as its then likely to stop there. (Cthulhu Rising f.ex. have tons of stuff on their website, but only one little monograph published). You're probably better off with GORE.

I would very much like to see it for BRP, but I think the horror part might be too might similar to Cthulhu for them to pick up on it. It's worth a try though. If the cthulhu-like mythos would be switched with "real-world based" mythos, as you suggested earlier, the setting would be a real kicker and perfect for BRP. Then they'd be crazy not to pick it up!

Good luck! :thumb:

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Emo-vampires -- noooo

Seriously, perhaps if you ripped out the mythos stuff and presented it as a straight spy game a la Le Caré and added some notes about incorporating the CoC Mythos? Maybe superheroes too for those that like 'em.

I haven't read the material and likely won't*, so take this with a grain of salt.

It's always worthwhile to see if you can get paid (again) for your work if it's a BRP or CoC sourcebook or monograph.

If Chaosium doesn't offer to publish it themselves, you might be able to get a BRP license and retain original copyright over the material.

In either case, I encourage you to send Dustin an email at dustin@[name of BRP publisher].com.

* No offense intended here - I just don't have the spare cash for new games I'm not going to play - and I don't have any interest in MRQ-derived materials.

No offense taken, even though the game is liek what, $1 now LOL.

Not interested really in getting paid again or anything, but just would like to try to get it real published as opposed to lulu published.

Thanks for the info.

I bought the download from Lulu.com. I think I made a post on Friday about what I thought of the product description, or something. It's no longer posted (I swore I hit the submit button) and I'm very thankful for that--as I wrote it under the influence of alcohol.:P

Anyway, I think it's worth a shot for you to propose it to Chaosium. You obviously did a ton of research for the game and made a high quality product (in my opinion--whatever it's worth). You have a lot of interesting ideas for the game and I thinks it's a neat idea that all the characters live, work, etc. behind the Iron Curtain.

My only concern would be how Chaosium would react to the game system. You're essentially reinventing the wheel using creatures and a system that's extremely reminiscent of CoC. The only thing they would probably be interested in is the setting.

I think I made a post on Friday about what I thought of the product description, or something. It's no longer posted (I swore I hit the submit button) and I'm very thankful for that--as I wrote it under the influence of alcohol.:P

Nothing's been moderated, so you probably failed your "Click the button" skill. :cool:

SGL.

As it is, it would fit very well as a Cthulhu monograph. I'm not sure I would recommend it though, as its then likely to stop there. (Cthulhu Rising f.ex. have tons of stuff on their website, but only one little monograph published).

SGL.

From the Cthulhu Rising website

I am very happy to report that Chaosium are to publish Jovian Nightmares as a MULA Monograph - hopefully later this year. This is marvellous news, and obviously gives added impetus to getting the project completed. Getting it ready to submit to Chaosium has to be my primary focus at the moment. I will be firming up the final content over the coming weeks, but if you want to help discuss ideas, throw cool stuff into the mix, or just want to have a read of what I have so far, the Jovian Nightmares forum is still open.

I intend playtesting several Jovian Nightmares themed adventures at UK conventions this year, and will be including at least one of them in the Monograph.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice everyone. Im still working on a BRP revision of Berlin '61 and hope to get some work done on it over the next few weeks, mission permitting.

The goal right now is to have it primarily as a setting. With a section for spy games, super hero games and horror games. The main focus overall will still be the horror however.

PK

Have you gotten in touch with any of the guys at Chaosium? A BRP Berlin '61 would be great - better rules and a greater audience too! :)

SGL.

Yes, I have been in contact. I am currently reworking it for a BRP Monograph. Evenhave permission to use the real mythos.

Of course I do! :D

What's the ETA (that is, when you estimate to hand it in to Chaosium)?

SGL.

They would like it by end of June. I am trying to accomodate that request, but honestly only give it a 50% chance. Real world military mission is getting in way.

They would like it by end of June. I am trying to accomodate that request, but honestly only give it a 50% chance. Real world military mission is getting in way.

I feel like saying "War is hell!" :o, but think I might come of a bit superficial? :rolleyes: I'll get a blurp up this weekend!. ;)

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I feel like saying "War is hell!" :o, but think I might come of a bit superficial? :rolleyes: I'll get a blurp up this weekend!. ;)

SGL.

Well fortunately my curretn "War is Hell!" syndrom is training others to go to War while I drink fine German beer and chase European girls on the weekend.

Better you than me PK...If you get to Trashcanistan or Iraq in the next 18 months, drop a PM.

As for your submission, now that you have Mythos in it, I'll buy it. I have a shelf full of monographs, so you'll at least get my dinar!

I'm a big CoC fan.

-STS

You ever find yourself saying "Hmmm I miss being deployed?" or am I just going insane?