Jump to content

Upcoming Glorantha publications (Old thread 2015-2022)


Steve

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, g33k said:

Typically (that I have seen) it's only a matter of a month or two extra wait from when the first warehouse gets product, 'til when the final warehouse does.  Which is 1st & which is last depend on where they print, of course.

The long wait is between the date when the pdf can be distributed and the date when the physical books becomes available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Soccercalle said:

I understand that. But I think most of us who has bought the pdf:s have been planning to also buy the printed book when it becomes available. So in that sense it is a kind of pre-order. But of course it is not the usual definition of a pre-order. 

In all honesty, I wrote very tongue-in-cheek above; but I know for a fact that MANY people actually prefer PDF's (for various reasons) and don't auto-buy the hardcopies.

(unlike you and I)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, g33k said:

In all honesty, I wrote very tongue-in-cheek above; but I know for a fact that MANY people actually prefer PDF's (for various reasons) and don't auto-buy the hardcopies.

(unlike you and I)

I want to have both. But of course, I can afford it and use them for different things. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Soccercalle said:

The long wait is between the date when the pdf can be distributed and the date when the physical books becomes available.

The (initial) PDF is not a print-ready document.

There is (at least) one more editing pass before the galley-proofs are approved for printing.

And *THEN* the printing process begins; after which is the shipping process.

You cannot appreciably accelerate things from first-PDF-release to all-warehouses-stocked.  Holding that up would just delay the PDF... and probably also delay the print edition too, as "tribal edit" of PDF 1.0 is catching a lot of errors, likely faster & better than any single in-house editor.

 

Edited by g33k
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

You are welcome to consider buying the PDF prior to purchasing the printed book a "pre-order". That's not a term we are going to adopt for the discount coupon you get if you buy a PDF though. We are sticking with the traditional use of the word "pre-order" which means paying in advance in full for a yet to be released item. Just to be crystal clear, I was trying to only say: We do not take pre-orders for printed books via the Chaosium website

Of course; it was a joking remark; also note the prefacing phrase, "To me..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a very humble question. I have watched Jeff's Projects for 2022 videos and poked through various threads and not found the answer. I'm thinking it's just such common knowledge that it hasn't be restated recently.

Will Cults of Glorantha (the upcoming two volume + set everyone  is excited about) have Runequest game material or be system agnostic like the Guide to Glorantha?

I will not be disappointed either way and won't impact any purchase I make, I just haven't found where it's stated specifically and I'm curious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Wheel Shield said:

I have a very humble question. I have watched Jeff's Projects for 2022 videos and poked through various threads and not found the answer. I'm thinking it's just such common knowledge that it hasn't be restated recently.

Will Cults of Glorantha (the upcoming two volume + set everyone  is excited about) have Runequest game material or be system agnostic like the Guide to Glorantha?

I will not be disappointed either way and won't impact any purchase I make, I just haven't found where it's stated specifically and I'm curious

It will be for RuneQuest (with RQ Spirit and Rune Spells etc.). 
But the Prospaedia that will acompany the main two volume set will be system agnostic. 

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Scotty changed the title to Upcoming Glorantha publications (Old thread 2015-2022)
  • Scotty unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...