Upcoming Glorantha publications (Old thread 2015-2022)

Steve

1 hour ago, g33k said:

Typically (that I have seen) it's only a matter of a month or two extra wait from when the first warehouse gets product, 'til when the final warehouse does.  Which is 1st & which is last depend on where they print, of course.

The long wait is between the date when the pdf can be distributed and the date when the physical books becomes available.

9 minutes ago, Soccercalle said:

I understand that. But I think most of us who has bought the pdf:s have been planning to also buy the printed book when it becomes available. So in that sense it is a kind of pre-order. But of course it is not the usual definition of a pre-order. 

In all honesty, I wrote very tongue-in-cheek above; but I know for a fact that MANY people actually prefer PDF's (for various reasons) and don't auto-buy the hardcopies.

(unlike you and I)

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 minutes ago, g33k said:

In all honesty, I wrote very tongue-in-cheek above; but I know for a fact that MANY people actually prefer PDF's (for various reasons) and don't auto-buy the hardcopies.

(unlike you and I)

I want to have both. But of course, I can afford it and use them for different things. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soccercalle said:

The long wait is between the date when the pdf can be distributed and the date when the physical books becomes available.

The (initial) PDF is not a print-ready document.

There is (at least) one more editing pass before the galley-proofs are approved for printing.

And *THEN* the printing process begins; after which is the shipping process.

You cannot appreciably accelerate things from first-PDF-release to all-warehouses-stocked.  Holding that up would just delay the PDF... and probably also delay the print edition too, as "tribal edit" of PDF 1.0 is catching a lot of errors, likely faster & better than any single in-house editor.

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

20 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

You are welcome to consider buying the PDF prior to purchasing the printed book a "pre-order". That's not a term we are going to adopt for the discount coupon you get if you buy a PDF though. We are sticking with the traditional use of the word "pre-order" which means paying in advance in full for a yet to be released item. Just to be crystal clear, I was trying to only say: We do not take pre-orders for printed books via the Chaosium website

Of course; it was a joking remark; also note the prefacing phrase, "To me..."

C'es ne pas un .sig

I have a very humble question. I have watched Jeff's Projects for 2022 videos and poked through various threads and not found the answer. I'm thinking it's just such common knowledge that it hasn't be restated recently.

Will Cults of Glorantha (the upcoming two volume + set everyone  is excited about) have Runequest game material or be system agnostic like the Guide to Glorantha?

I will not be disappointed either way and won't impact any purchase I make, I just haven't found where it's stated specifically and I'm curious

7 minutes ago, Wheel Shield said:

I have a very humble question. I have watched Jeff's Projects for 2022 videos and poked through various threads and not found the answer. I'm thinking it's just such common knowledge that it hasn't be restated recently.

Will Cults of Glorantha (the upcoming two volume + set everyone  is excited about) have Runequest game material or be system agnostic like the Guide to Glorantha?

I will not be disappointed either way and won't impact any purchase I make, I just haven't found where it's stated specifically and I'm curious

It will be for RuneQuest (with RQ Spirit and Rune Spells etc.). 
But the Prospaedia that will acompany the main two volume set will be system agnostic. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• Scotty changed the title to Upcoming Glorantha publications (Old thread 2015-2022)
  • Scotty unpinned this topic