Upcoming Glorantha publications (Old thread 2015-2022)

Steve

This is a totally unofficial list that I originally put together over on the now-defunct Glorantha G+ group. So details may be wrong but a lot of this has been officially confirmed (e.g. that the product is planned, though not when it will be released).

I thought I'd share it here, for fun and info.

Even though the original post is several years old, I try and keep abreast of things and keep it updated with new products (and delete items when they're released). Input on this is of course very welcome, because I may well miss things (since I'm not actually Lhankor Mhy).

Please note - each section is not in expected release order, unless otherwise specified.

RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha (RQG) (updated 10 May 2022)

Upcoming releases:

• Dragon Pass Atlas/Gazetteer
  • The Cults of Glorantha (multiple volumes, hardback, 96 long cult write-ups plus another 40 or so minor cults); RuneQuest Prosopaedia (systemless overview of the deities, 128 pages)
  • Gamemaster Book (including heroquesting rules)
  • Sartar Book
  • Chaosium Classics Volume I : The Stafford House Campaign (A collection of Greg Stafford's RuneQuest Campaign Essays 1978-1981)
  • MIG III (The Meints Index to Glorantha publications, fully revised and updated)

Other RQ releases coming later on:

• The RQ Campaign - along the lines of the Boy King campaign for Pendragon
  • Heroquesting (a "full-fledged heroquesting book")
  • Upland Marsh (manuscript complete, waiting on art)
  • Pavis and the Big Rubble - by Robin Laws
  • Trollpak
  • Snakepipe Hollow
  • Holy Country (which might just be called Masters of Luck and Death)
  • Prax - David Scott
  • Invisible God
  • Lunar Provinces 
  • Grazelands sourcebook
  • Heortland/Hendrikland sourcebook
  • The Dragons Eye - details
  • Sun Dome County
  • Elf Pack - by Shannon Appelcline
  • Elder Races book - 12 races 
  • Culbrea book - by some of the Beer With Teeth crew
  • Esrolia (expanded version of Nochet) book
  • Kralorela sourcebook
  • Lunar Tarsh

Other items mentioned in the past but not recently (so these might still be coming, or plans might have changed, and even if they're coming they could be way off):

• Barbarian Town campaign pack - by Sarah Newton
  • Seapolis pack
  • Whitewall campaign pack
  • Glorantha Quickstart booklet? - 48-page booklet, free PDF

QuestWorlds (HeroQuest) publications

• QuestWorlds Core Rulebook - Ian Cooper
  • QuestWorlds Worlds & Adventures book - how to create genre packs and adventures, with three sample genre packs and adventures, by Ian Cooper
  • QuestWorlds genre packs - various authors
  • The Dragonrise, the “offstage” material from The Eleven Lights, for HQG/QuestWorlds - Ian Cooper
  • Fonrit setting book for HQG/QuestWorlds - Ian Cooper

Other Glorantha publications

• Glorantha Skirmish Wars - miniatures skirmish game from Mad Knight
  • White Bear & Red Moon board game - cleaned-up version of the classic board game
  • Nomad Gods - ditto, a cleaned-up version
  • Trollball game with minis
  • Wyrms Footnotes #16 - material for RuneQuest: Glorantha
  • Prince of Sartar (printed version of the online comic, once said online version finishes) - Kalin Kadiev and Jeff Richard

Upcoming reprints for existing products, officially confirmed

Apparently coming but no recent details, so probably some way off

Edited by Rick Meints
changed title
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I think having setting books with no stats could be a good thing, and then have pdf releases of both HQ or RQ stats to go with the setting. Or at least if the setting books are produced for HQ, then have pdfs of RQ stats available and vice versa, considering the same company now has both systems for Glorantha.

I can't wait for the Holy Country and Notchet books to be produced, its gonna be exciting to see these regions detailed as much as Dragon Pass! Also if the Gods of Glorantha is anything like the quality of the Guide To Glorantha, then it'll be another milestone in the rpg industry.

Good times ahead !!!

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 2

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

There's the latest offering of Sun County coming too, this one set in the new timeline of the Hero Wars.

Maybe I'm forgetting something but I don't remember hearing about that. Have you got a source for that or any further info? Not doubting you, just trying to learn more because it sounds cool :D

Maybe I'm forgetting something but I don't remember hearing about that. Have you got a source for that or any further info? Not doubting you, just trying to learn more because it sounds cool :D

The source of this rumour was from Design Mechanism, with MOB back in the driving seat on (re)writing it. However, this is before all the recent changes at Chaosium, so who knows where this is in the list - maybe in the 'More Speculative' category?

MOB is writing it. Heard it on the Glorantha google+ page or Glorantha.com. Can't remember which.

ah ninja'd!

The Kraken seminar on upcoming Glorantha publications was mostly recorded by Fabian Kuechler, and might be in post-production now. I think you have most of the topics and subsequent Essen game fair developments covered, at least those without the gentlemen's NDA that got recorded.

You did miss out on the Kraken chapbooks which should have been made availale by now (at least as pdfs): last year's Robin Laws' Sharper Adventures for HeroQuest, and this year's transcript of Sandy's Secrets of Glorantha seminar from last year.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Thanks for the info on the Sun County book, guys. 

You did miss out on the Kraken chapbooks which should have been made availale by now (at least as pdfs): last year's Robin Laws' Sharper Adventures for HeroQuest, and this year's transcript of Sandy's Secrets of Glorantha seminar from last year.

Thanks, I've added in the Forgotten Secrets book now. The list is meant to be upcoming products though, and Sharper Adventures has been out for a while, so it's not on the list.

Gloranthan maps on an App that means I could fly through Glorantha? Fantastic.

Doing it on my mobile phone? Not so good.

I'd love this as an option for a Windows PC, though.

• Like 4

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Gloranthan maps on an App that means I could fly through Glorantha? Fantastic. Doing it on my mobile phone? Not so good. I'd love this as an option for a Windows PC, though.

While it'ld be good on the PC, my tablet is a iPad Mini so I also want it in iOS so I can have it with me at the gaming table...what a great idea

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I keep wishing for some Malkioni content to be released - Seshnela and Ralios tomes would be great.

(Oh wait, I thought this was the Thread Of Dreams again, but its a reality-based 'Upcoming Publications' thread...)

• Like 1

I've got no plans to be writing a lot of Malkioni material in the near future, but I am perfectly happy with people making submissions for Malkioni material. The guidelines are simple:

• Any proposal needs to be based on the Guide - anything that smacks of the pseudomedieval or pseudo-Christian Malkioni (with saints, pagans, etc) is going to get rejected. We already have plenty of pseudo-medieval fantasy settings out there, Glorantha is not one of them. The approach taken in The Book of Glorious Joy, Blood Over Gold, Men of the Sea, HQ1, or RQ3 is not going to be published. 
  • At this point it has to be based on HQG, as RQ and 13G are not written yet.
  • It needs to contain playable material based on the Guide, including scenarios (or ideally scenarios linked into game). I'm not terribly interested in publishing "fill-between-the-lines" lists of cults, spells, etc. 
  • It needs to do something new and novel, with themes and conflicts not present in Dragon Pass, the Holy Country, or the Lunar Empire.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to Red Cow and Trollpak! :)

The two Red Cow books are just flat out awesome and are in layout. We are redoing our layout templates and upping the awesome factor, but we are SUPER excited about this.

Trollpak just needs me to start commissioning art.

• Like 8

Woah! Hold on!

Does this mean that  Chaosium will now be doing separate rulebooks for RuneQuest: Glorantha.......... and RuneQuest 2?!

And, while I'm thinking about it, will RuneQuest: Glorantha follow a similar interior layout and design to Guide to Glorantha and HeroQuest: Glorantha? Will we be able to buy pdfs of all the RPG stuff?

Will the God's War board game be broadly compatible with Cthulhu Wars? What sort of games will the boardgames be like?

Finally, will there be much fiction in the line - including the comic presented as a graphic novel?

Edited by TrippyHippy

The two Red Cow books are just flat out awesome and are in layout. We are redoing our layout templates and upping the awesome factor, but we are SUPER excited about this.

Trollpak just needs me to start commissioning art.

Excuse me while I mop the drool from my chin...

• Like 2