Jason Durall joins Design Team for Chaosium's new RuneQuest

MOB

13 minutes ago, NickMiddleton said:

Weird, I thought this had been said in some official capacity a while back, but apparently I was mis-remembering things.

Ah well, congratulations Jason, best of luck with the new gig!

Nick

I remember two things...

Very early on JD had given his feedback (which remained confidential) on a draft of BRP Essentials based on RQ6. I think this was the booklet that has now become "Mithras Imperative".

At a later point, when RQ6 had already been set aside,  he was listed among several people "giving feedback" on the manuscript of the new RQ.

So, the news would be that he now has a much bigger role as editor of the whole manuscript.

Edited by smiorgan

51 minutes ago, smiorgan said:

I remember two things...

Very early on JD had given his feedback (which remained confidential) on a draft of BRP Essentials based on RQ6. I think this was the booklet that has now become "Mithras Imperative".

At a later point, when RQ6 had already been set aside,  he was listed among several people "giving feedback" on the manuscript of the new RQ.

So, the news would be that he now has a much bigger role as editor of the whole manuscript.

Hi folks! 

Yes, I was one of the people giving feedback on the BRP Essentials booklet. As far as I know, Jeff & company determined that it would be more expedient to begin with a core system (RQ4) and summarize it into an Essentials-style booklet than it would be to build a summarized game and try to expand it from there. 

I have done copious feedback on the in-progress first draft of RQ4, and have been working closely with Jeff. As we both live in Berlin and game regularly, it's been quite convenient. 

Edited by Jason Durall
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, RosenMcStern said:

Oh, how not surprised this leaves me ;)

Anyway, it is good seeing Jason back at work on something D100. I was starting to fear that something might have Modiphied his love for BRP.

I can say with a fair amount of confidence that I'll happily work on d%-based games until I retire, and probably past then. 

Even my work with Modipius began with a campaign for Achtung! Cthulhu, based on the d% Call of Cthulhu rules. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, styopa said:

Ah, so THAT'S what "BGB" people are referring to in another thread.

I have it, and didn't know the reference.

???

The "BGB" has been a staple term here for... years!  Kinda startled that any regular DOESN'T recognize it!

C'es ne pas un .sig

6 hours ago, Jason Durall said:

Yes, I was one of the people giving feedback on the BRP Essentials booklet. As far as I know, Jeff & company determined that it would be more expedient to begin with a core system (RQ4) and summarize it into an Essentials-style booklet than it would be to build a summarized game and try to expand it from there. 

Yes - Jeff goes into a bit about how we came to this conclusion in an earlier design notes. Interestingly, the original BRP also came about in the same way, following after RQ2.

• 4 weeks later...