Swords of Central Genertela

M Helsdon

4 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

So when the Black Horse Troop fight the Hell Sisters, I am thinking both have the same or similar mounts and the Hell Sisters are witches of some magical potency are they able to overcome the Black Horse Troop as they are less magical in nature, the Black Horse Troop horseman that is or are they Hero Questers and this fight would be epic in battle/weaponry but also magical in nature?

The Hell Sisters ride Daron horses, not demons.

Details in my book: 

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/296535/The-Armies-and-Enemies-of-Dragon-Pass?

Edited by M Helsdon

13 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

The Hell Sisters ride Daron horses, not demons.

I was reading from TotRM 17 IIRC and so it is dated of course.

I was looking for thoughts that if an equal company of both were to fight what the outcome might be as the Hell Sisters were potentially being magically potent?

Is AaEoDP canon, just curious as if it's on the Drive Through I assumed not?

Very nice work BTW.

1 hour ago, M Helsdon said:

The Army List details are derived from published and unpublished material by Greg Stafford.

So which side would win and what would the casualties be on each side? I suppose I could use the matrix provided in Company of the Dragon to estimate?

Oh, our campaign will use the Sliver Shields extensively as antagonists from the Sartar Invasion onward.

Are there any famous kopis and who, namely, would have them... scimitars are more the Lunr style but...

Thanks again! 

8 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

So which side would win and what would the casualties be on each side? 

Combat is never predictable.

8 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Are there any famous kopis and who, namely, would have them... scimitars are more the Lunr style but..

Kopis are used by most Lunar soldiers.

13 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

So which side would win

The stats for each are in Martin's book - play it out! 🙂 

Odds are heavily in favor of the Black Horse troop if Ethilrist is with them and no hero is with the Hell Sisters.

But if not, the Hell Sisters have a Missile factor and better Morale, while the Black Horse troop has a higher Magic rating.

14 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

So which side would win and what would the casualties be on each side? I suppose I could use the matrix provided in Company of the Dragon to estimate?

Oh, our campaign will use the Sliver Shields extensively as antagonists from the Sartar Invasion onward.

Are there any famous kopis and who, namely, would have them... scimitars are more the Lunr style but...

Thanks again! 

There are several units of Black Horse Troop and only one of the Hell Sisters in the game. Even if we allow for two or three units in total for the Hel Sisters back in the Empire, the Black Horse Troop still have numerical superiority in terms of units fielded.
In terms of total "manpower", the several units of BHT have a slight numerical advantage over a single unit of Hell Sisters.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

18 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Is AaEoDP canon, just curious as if it's on the Drive Through I assumed not?

Not technically canonical.
But the author worked as much as possible from the original wargames set in the region, added additional material written by Greg Stafford, and further material from Jeff Richard, plus extensive research on most of the armies of the historical / real-world empires that inspired much of material Glorantha.

And Chaosium seems highly unlikely to ever put out a similar volume that supersedes AaEoDP!

So you'll hew closer to "canon" if you treat it as canonical, than not.

Unless you care to do years of research & collation on your own, and have a way to collect all Greg's writings (and personal notes) on the topic, to form your own conclusions...?  😉

C'es ne pas un .sig

17 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

So which side would win ...

Honestly, it's seldom going to be that predictable:  not who "would" win, but who's "more likely" to win.

If you coded-up a computerized wargame of HS vs BHT, and ran 10,000 simulated battles, you'd probably end up with something like a 55/45 or 60/40 split.  But that's on a flat, featureless, computer battlefield.

Then you need to add a whole bunch of environmental factors... slope(s) of the ground; broken/rocky vs. smooth vs. mucky vs. bog; dense brush, forests, etc; streams, rivers, bridges; etc. etc. etc.  Who (if either) can force an engagement on the other?

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig