Swords of Central Genertela

M Helsdon

This slim illustrated booklet explores the use of the mighty war elephants of Fonrit, one of the regions of the southern continent of Pamaltela.

It explores the diet and training of the feared shovel-tusker elephants, and their use on campaign and when deployed in battle.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/328937/War-Elephants-of-Fonrit?affiliate_id=2310005

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Men of the Sea?  You did some great ships - perhaps expand on that including Gloranthan naval combat, black galleys, more on Wolf Pirates,...?

I have considered this but there are many ships in 'Men of the West'. I have pretty much exhausted the material I have on Wolf Pirates!

2 hours ago, Tindalos said:

Might seem a little silly/strange, but just a guide to the clothing/fashion of different cultures and how they've changed over the years?

That'd be really interesting!

Hell, throw in stuff like everyday tools that aren't going to be covered under weaponry and the like? Stuff like adzes, hand-quarns, grain flails, etc. and maybe badges of office, like batons, etc. 

PURELY thinking out loud, Helsdon, not to pester. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

At present I am attempting to think up a new project.

I'd love to see you tackle something based around architecture, from big structures (buildings in Boldhome, the Paps, Glamour, Nochet, whatever) to small ones (Pent huts, Lunar outposts, wahtever).

• Like 2

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

Amazing! How was the process of working with such a famous artist?

Very easy. I gave him PDFs of the books, a few bits of art direction, and then minor comments on the roughs.

4 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Wow! I love Smylie's Artesia comics, so cool seeing his work with yours! :D

I started following his Patreon account where he is sharing chapters in his latest novel about Artesia's brother and material for his next Artesia Known World sourcebook. Mark is a long term Glorantha fan.

1 hour ago, JanPospisil said:

Oh damn, how'd that happen? Artesia is awesome and Smylie can really draw cool knights.

Nice!

It is, yes.

See these for his latest publications:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/313461/BLACK-HEART-Part-One-PDF-and-EPUB?affiliate_id=2310005

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/319673/BLACK-HEART-Part-Two-PDF-and-EPUB?affiliate_id=2310005

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/312027/Historiae-Mundi-A-History-of-the-Known-World?affiliate_id=2310005

Edited by M Helsdon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

Men of the West now has a color wrap-around cover by Mark Smylie.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/325525/Men-of-the-West?src=hottest_filtered?affiliate_id=2310005

menofthewest smylie forum.png

Beautiful! Two thoughts (ok, let's call them fantasies) immediately came to my mind. An Armies of Dragon Pass cover by Smylie... and an Artesia RPG powered by RQ...

Gotta calm down now... 

8 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Beautiful! Two thoughts (ok, let's call them fantasies) immediately came to my mind. An Armies of Dragon Pass cover  by Smylie...

Which may happen, but the art isn't cheap.

8 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

and an Artesia RPG powered by RQ...

Mark's Artesia Known World RPG is available on DriveThru.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

Which may happen, but the art isn't cheap.

Yes, for sure.

6 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

Mark's Artesia Known World RPG is available on DriveThru.

Yes, I have it and I like it. I think I read somewhere he was thinking about a new edition or a new system. RQ (remove the runes, add the arcana) would be a good fit for it, methink.

3 minutes ago, M Helsdon said:

And, embarrassingly, in these, I forgot that the Daughter's Road is a two tier viaduct...

Is it? I thought that it was a crystal road that she made as she marched along it.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here