Swords of Central Genertela

M Helsdon

Latest. Needs a little more work... May be room for one more...

Hmm, the sketch does need a few changes but... it is also larger than anticipated as it drives the chapter over another page, so I am going to have to eject something else. Maybe I should remove the horns from the headdress...

Serpent Beast shaman forum.png

current.png

Edited by M Helsdon
  • Like 5

Well, the shaman has been reworked today, the formatting altered to make everything fit, an index generated, so here it is, sans front and back cover. Now just to get approval and do another round of proofreading.

There are other things I could have sketched, but I don't want this to turn into a monster like Armies and Enemies, and I am presently out of material/ideas for more text.

Not certain what my next project will be - there's insufficient seed material for a similar book on the east of Genertela.

mow overview small.png

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Ooh, love his shield and greaves, and the spiral on the breastplate - and the torc is a lovely addition too!

Thank you. Trying to show that 1st Age Orlanthi weren't the same as those of the 3rd Age. Wanted to show both a level of sophistication and less developed armor.

• Like 2

Latest.

Not sure about the 'magic effect.' May rework.

And I did...

This is the final sketch for my current project unless chapters grow during the second pass of proofreading, so it may be the final one, as I don't have any other projects planned. 

Orgethite mage.png

Orgethite mage final.png

Edited by M Helsdon
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

Am now between projects.

Take the deep dive -- an exploration of the Triolini.  Ludochs, malasps, murthdryami!  At the very least it'll be a an opportunity to put your stamp on what the Waertagi look like, and an excuse to draw mermaid boobs.

!i!

• Like 2

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

11 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

I did consider Fonrit, but that may not be viable topic at present.

I'd buy Fonrit! Also Armies of Darkness, a guide to warfare in Uzdom across Glorantha from ancient Dagori Inkarth to sophisticated Blue Moon Plateau and barbarian Tarmo...

Edited by DreadDomain

15 hours ago, jajagappa said:

You could do the Dwarf armies of Slon! 😉  Ready to bring their vast army of dinosaur hsunchen and strange tech across the world! 

There's not really much I could add beyond what is in the Guide and the Different Worlds article. Whilst I use Chaosium material (with permission prior to publication) there's not a great deal I could add to dwarves.

13 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

You don't HAVE to do anything!  😅 But if you're looking for ideas... maybe something specifically for the Wastes? I know you had Praxians and some horsefolk in the Central Genertela book, though, so there might not be much left.

Well, I do. For the past eight years I was the carer for a parent, for the last three, intensively so, usually at their home for twelve or so hours a day and on call outside that. It is no coincidence that this coincides with the work on Armies & Enemies of Dragon Pass, as it kept me busy and distracted when there wasn't a need to do anything - though I was there for 'emergencies' which became increasingly common. I could sit with the laptop or sketching pad ready. I had started work on Men of the West a few weeks before they suddenly died, and resumed work on it to help with the black pit a few months later. I am now clearing their home, and my own, because I'd promised I would look after their garden and pets, but can't work on this continuously, so am deliberating another project. 

12 hours ago, Ian Absentia said:

Take the deep dive -- an exploration of the Triolini.  Ludochs, malasps, murthdryami!  At the very least it'll be a an opportunity to put your stamp on what the Waertagi look like, and an excuse to draw mermaid boobs.

!i!

Again, there's the issue that available official material would be tricky to expand on.

4 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

I'd buy Fonrit! Also Armies of Darkness, a guide to warfare in Uzdom across Glorantha from ancient Dagori Inkarth to sophisticated Blue Moon Plateau and barbarian Tarmo...

There has been an official work on the Uz in the works for some time, so like Kralorela it is not viable.

Am pondering northern Pamaltela... 

1 hour ago, M Helsdon said:

There's not really much I could add beyond what is in the Guide and the Different Worlds article. Whilst I use Chaosium material (with permission prior to publication) there's not a great deal I could add to dwarves.

Pictures of hsunchen riding dinosaurs, of course!  🙂  And dinosaurs pulling great dwarf contraptions!

And would fit right in with something that spans across northern Pamaltela.